Japanese Buyer in Bay Area (July 19-22)

jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
if you have:HIPHOP/DISCO/SOUL/JAZZ/ROCK/BREAKS/SAMPLES etc... LPs, 12inches, 45's for sale, then i can fill your pocket with some cash. my pal is coming to stay with me for a few days this month and was asking to meet up with some local dealers. hes dealt with jesse/kidinquisitve before and i think he also hooked up with charlie brown (kinda looks like the cartoon character but much cooler). so shoot me a PM with your number if youre interested and ill set it up.

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    another buyer friend of mine from japan is coming into town the weekend after as well. if anyone in the area is interested in making some dough just get in touch with me.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Unrelated but a few months ago I saw a Japanese buyer roll through a local spot in Santa Cruz and buy well over a hundred records that he knew would sell like hotcakes in Japan, but are cheapies here. The store owner was

Save some heat for the rest of us Je**e!

im justin... jesse wears glasses and is much nicer than i am. well i wear glasses too but not all the time.

...plus, i dont think youve ever seen my records.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I was talking to Jesse. I haven't seen your records, but I know Jesse is sitting on some good stuff.

oh...

peace...

• I wish I was sitting on piles of heat but between ebay, a visit from L*rs and KUSF my reserves are kind of skimpy. They're probably better off skipping me this time, to be honest. Was this the cat that was opening a store in Kobe (I'm bad at remembering names).

yeah and a new guy ive never dealt with but is friends with other folks ive worked with over the years.

its ALWAYS worth it to show your records. i have complete shit (imo) yet i always sell a G+ worth of records everytime these cats come to the crib. plus i havent bought records (much) for three years so they just keep looking through the same shit just mixed up.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    It surprises me what Japanese dealers buy, especially regarding 12" and off-condition old LPs...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Unrelated but a few months ago I saw a Japanese buyer roll through a local spot in Santa Cruz and buy well over a hundred records that he knew would sell like hotcakes in Japan, but are cheapies here. The store owner was

haha, probably more like

so my friend is in town and leaving on Monday for LA and SD. hes got time and only meeting with a couple of dealers in LA and one dude in SD (steve: i gave him your info and he'll call you.) so if anyone has records theyd like to flip please get in touch with me asap with your number so i can forward it on to him. give me an idea of what youre getting rid of and how many pieces youd have for him to run through...

thanks!

• so my friend is in town and leaving on Monday for LA and SD. hes got time and only meeting with a couple of dealers in LA and one dude in SD (steve: i gave him your info and he'll call you.) so if anyone has records theyd like to flip please get in touch with me asap with your number so i can forward it on to him. give me an idea of what youre getting rid of and how many pieces youd have for him to run through...

thanks!

Justin, is he buying rap 12"s? I have a few boxes that went through a couple of shows so they arent' great, that I would like to get rid of. We are probably thinking of the same person so I think Ironfeet may be hooking up a meeting.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    japanese guys have secret laboratories where they repair scratched up and warped records and turn them into NMs/

that most certainly employs robot technology

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    We are probably thinking of the same person so I think Ironfeet may be hooking up a meeting.

push up contest between the buyer and ironfeets or l.dulla is soft!

so my friend is in town and leaving on Monday for LA and SD. hes got time and only meeting with a couple of dealers in LA and one dude in SD (steve: i gave him your info and he'll call you.) so if anyone has records theyd like to flip please get in touch with me asap with your number so i can forward it on to him. give me an idea of what youre getting rid of and how many pieces youd have for him to run through...

thanks!

Justin, is he buying rap 12"s? I have a few boxes that went through a couple of shows so they arent' great, that I would like to get rid of. We are probably thinking of the same person so I think Ironfeet may be hooking up a meeting.

hes going to meet up with lakan and kader. holler at either one of them and have them push your number off to him.