Who's from Chi Town?

the_jthe_j 49 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Looking to put together an all Chicago mix tape and have realised the geographical knowledge of my records ain't too hot. I can only think of six or seven off hand.So funk/soul/hip hop, any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Wow dude. Chicago has one of the richest histories of any town when it comes to soul. You can only think of six or seven? Seriously?

• I can think of six or seven labels[/b]...

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    chillrobzee nucka.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Wow dude. Chicago has one of the richest histories of any town when it comes to soul. You can only think of six or seven? Seriously?

Just saying...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    any help would be much appreciated.

EC ILLA!!!

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    meaty if you're around you should post your rap list, haven't seen that in a while.

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    you gotta be kidding me. keep my city off your imaginary mixtapes.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    ON ILL!!!!!!!!

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Looking to put together an all Chicago mix tape and have realised the geographical knowledge of my records ain't too hot. I can only think of six or seven off hand.

So funk/soul/hip hop, any help would be much appreciated.

Maybe you're not the person to put together a chicago mixtape in that case?

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Looking to put together an all Chicago mix tape and have realised the geographical knowledge of my records ain't too hot. I can only think of six or seven off hand.

looks like you're on blast. Check it out man, do some google research then stop by local music spots and talk to store owners, dealers and collectors. When you get a good base for ideas, come back and ask more specific questions. Chicago has so much to offer with soul, blues, funk, jazz, rock, and hip hop. It's a musical cornicopia and I'm not if there is any one post that could fill all your blanks.

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts

no no no...I told you, I live this shit.

• chrischris 287 Posts

no no no...I told you, I live this shit.

• My Chicago mittstape starts and ends with INCREDABLE FLY wantthebody
    promo DUBS, I wonder if u heard what I just said, only thing is I got
    to get them promo wantthebody DUBS b-4 I get started Carnapalm Asaddam
    right around the corner on HOLD.

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts

no...no....no good records from Chicago...