quick eBay question...

mallardmallard 452 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
as a seller - all the auctions i entered in 4 days ago are searchable and everything, except one. i sent ebay an email yesterday about this one and they said "it will be up soon, but dont worry, because people can still find your item by searching its item number!!" i'm very skeptical about people randomly searching item numbers to find what they're looking for, so i'm wondering how much possible interest i've lost in this item since there are only 3 days remaining and no sign of it becoming searchable. i did edit the auction right after i put it up, but i did the same thing with all the others as well, and they are fine.someone has already bid on it [a strutter from my classifieds post], so i can't really pull the auction. is this something that happens every now and then with ebay and you just have to deal, or should i seek some type of minor compensation?thanks

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    This has happened to me a couple times this year. They did end up being search-able, but it took a couple days. If it had been something I expected decent money for, I would have probably just ended it early.

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts

Every set of auctions I've posted over the past 6 months has a couple of these... I emailed eBay multiple times regarding this issue and they told me the same thing... that they're still searchable by item #...

You're probaly best off cancelling the bid and then the auction and reposting in the future if you want to get top dollar...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    The "searchable by item number" thing is just retarded. How does anyone know the item # if it's not even showing up in searches? haha!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The "searchable by item number" thing is just retarded. How does anyone know the item # if it's not even showing up in searches? haha!

STEP UP YOUR SEARCH GAME

You can't imagine how may raers I've
    copped just by divining item numbers.

ESP GOT ME A BOSCOE FOR $15.00