Car Wash Instrumental???

erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Can anyone point me to an mp3 of the instrumental version of Rose Royce's "Car Wash"? I gather that it must have been released in some form as a b-side to a single, but I haven't come across it anywhere. I need the instrumental for a show I'm doing sound for and am on the verge of putting together a re-edit from the elements in the intro, but the verses without the guitar line will be kinda lame IMO. Thanks!

Comments

• blaqsoulblaqsoul 61 Posts
    dont know of a legit instrumental ever being issued but you could frankenstein bits & pieces from the end of the movie if you're handy. The instrumental plays while the DJ is announcing the cast. Not easy tho since dialog runs over a good portion of it.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    dont know of a legit instrumental ever being issued but you could frankenstein bits & pieces from the end of the movie if you're handy. The instrumental plays while the DJ is announcing the cast. Not easy tho since dialog runs over a good portion of it.

yeah, I remember the intrumental getting a little more play in the movie, but I'm not sure I have the chops to work around all the dialog and have it still come out sounding smooth.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    There's a pretty good instro of 'car wash' on this record:

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I think it's on the 45 which shouldn't be hard to find. Of course, I can't locate mine to tell you if that's a fact or not.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    "water" is the b-sdie the the car wash 45.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    There's a pretty good instro of 'car wash' on this record:

Thanks! I'll be checking for this!

yup.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Doh!!!!!!!