Vegas Hotel Recommendations

badder_than_evilbadder_than_evil 951 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
What are peoples recommendations for hotels in Vegas?? There are so many - we can`t make our minds up.. Considering the Flamingo,Excalibur,Rio or Tropicana.. Any tips would be appreciated.

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Depends on what you feel like doing on the trip?

The regular tourist thing?
    Almost all the strip hotels are clean and decent.

The budget strip thang?
    Lots of little shady spots up and down Las Vegas Boulevard.

The single guy tourist thing, we have hostels and such..

The Family thing with the kids?
    Luxor has a nice pool, and it's walking distance from lots of things.

The Rich Family thing, the Bellagio suites are crazy.

Lonely record guy needs to get drunk, laid and gamble?
    Palms.

- spidey

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    First: find out if there are any conventions on.

Then: If you want a cheap deal, call a few hotels and see what specials they have. Shop around, they will always try to suit your budget and get you in, especially if you mention you are there to have fun and play some tables.

Rio is out the way so they don't have to compete too much - the buffet and pay dinks are pricey. Not to mention cabbing it to and from the strip.
    Excalibur is getting demo'd pretty soon, may as well catch it while it lasts.
    Flamingo is kind of in a central yet shitty location.
    Haven't been to Tropicana since it got rebuilt, but that intersection (opposite Excalibur) is a decent location. You don't get stuck in traffic and/or crowds of dickheads and there's an AM/PM right around the corner.

Vegas strip sucks! Go to some Record Cities (not far from the Sahara) and find some good Mex food away from downtown. Otherwise get your buffet on!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

The Rich Family thing, the Bellagio suites are crazy.
    - spidey

Bellagio fountains w/ the Lionel Richie soundtrack -

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Vegas strip sucks! Go to some Record Cities (not far from the Sahara) and find some good Mex food away from downtown. Otherwise get your buffet on!

And if your down for some late night thai food, or some other vegas strangeness.. you can hit me up.

- spidey

• Doing the family thing - the pool area was the reason for Flamingo being an option..

So you think i could call them up and talk myself a deal or have a promotion code revealed??

Thanks for the tips so far..

• Any daytime folk have some advice for me(on the subject)??
    Cheers.