THE Boston Sale/Swap After-Party THREAD

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Had another great time today. It was a blast, no rain, no game traffic, etc. etc..M**k, thanks for making it happen, the Gerald Wilson for $2; and please remind your friend if she likes that Halina Frackowiak LP to please check out Grupa ABC. She'll love it.So, who was there today? I was too busy flipping through records and getting change for people that I never got anybody's handle!!Who is the guy I was talking about Black Christmas with? I was serious, check out Gymkata!!Who is the guy that was nice enough to let me use part of his pop up tent? Thanks again for that, I should've bought some of those killed by death lp's!!!Who is the guy that scord Phan Jam for a buck and gave me the price check on the "two Sisters" 45?Who is the guy I told to check out M*****y Tra*n? You are in for a treat, my friend!Who is the guy who was pimping all the "Hella- Ironic" Hip Hop in the corner? Did you get to sell all of your parents copies of Whipped Cream & Other Delights?Who is the guy who was telling me to check out there newer nights? i will definitely try and make it out.Who is the guy who sold me my new Dirty Vegas single cd? You're right Gold Chains was the perfect compliment!Thanks a lot Boston, can't wait to do it again at the end of the summer.

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Oh, and what was this talk about a Moustache Party I heard?

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    B/W post your days profits or you're soft:

$185[/b]

An amount that completely justifies my choice to not work this weekend.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    B/W post your days profits or you're soft:

$185 $650[/b]

Yes, indeed, this shit was cooking!

There was a nice 2 hour stretch where the place
    was packed, and heavy gripping, trading, and drinking
    was taking place all about.

The guy with the canopy was J*m, who I don't think posts
    on here but is a regular on Waxidermy as MoeLarry&Jesus
    and was a hella nice dude. From him I got my score of the
    day, something I had been after for a loooooong time:

Big shout to you, Lambert - you always bring the dope records,
    a great attitude, and I see you chatting up everyone in the spot,
    keeping things social and not just grip-fest. D*n also has the
    hottest dollar bins in the U.S.A. and came through with the sick
    Irakere og on Areito for me!

Strutters were everywhere. I had my digi-cam but was too manic to
    remember until people had cleared out. But I think PJ took a bunch
    of snaps and should hopefully have some up for everyone soon.

Speaking of, PJ and the Soul-le-lu-jah crew represented in force, and
    came through with some trade heat. I think I did deals with all of those
    dudes.

KitchenKnight is like the true host, working the crowd and making it like
    Soul Strut in real life, with clon & hustle and grip mode action. Gareth
    is the man, and I wouldn't want to have one of these without him.

Great Blue Hills came through and made the rounds, presented me with
    some of the finest greens I have smoked in a minute, and I had to keep
    turning him down so I could hold my wits, but he was down to PARTY. He
    also picked up a few sick records, and was as mellow in real life as on
    teh internets.

Shit, I'm babbling. I had such a fuckin' good time today, thanks to
    everyone that came by, this shit is real and I'm just glad to see us
    pull off shit in Boston that is this mellow and poppin'.

How about some JP Vinyl Yard Sale & Record Swap FINDS:

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    will there be a leftovers sale? pm me dudes... i get in tomorrow morning

• $140 cash profit and four new psych 45's i've never heard of before to add to my collection, shouts to Joe Ro for bringing me through and all the generous sellers that attended.

• Options
    I really wanted to hit this up today on my way back from NH to Logan, but didn't leave enough time plus your roads are next to impossible to navigate. The navigation system in the rental car caused me to make 5 or 6 wrong turns in a half hour, and I went over that nice bridge with the white suspension system 3 times.

If anyone in Boston today saw a white guy with a royal blue hat on erratically driving a bright red Chevy Impala screaming "FUCKING NAVIGATION MY BIG WHITE ASS" at the top of his lungs and punching the shit out of the horn, dashboard, navigation system, and passenger seat, that was me. Impressive thoroughfares you have there, they really keep you on your toes.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

Who is the guy who was pimping all the "Hella- Ironic" Hip Hop in the corner? Did you get to sell all of your parents copies of Whipped Cream & Other Delights?

Seriously, megathanks to G**** for giving me a ride over to JP, and providing entertainment all day. "WHO LIKES IRONY? THESE GUYS ARE TOTALLY KROSSED OUT!"

Some pics:

Tepid Terds for DAYS, yo:

Dollar Bin BALLERS:

Grippers:

I didn't take pics of my pulls/trades (yet) but I did pretty good, thanks M**k. I didn't take alot of time getting ready so I really didn't make money. I broke even on trades/money tho, so it all worked out. The boxes of 12"/LPs that I brought had already been picked thru from a flea market a month or so ago......people dug my 45s though.

I was really hoping to drop some loot on Ty, but he had a late night in Providence the Saturday, so he was home sleepin (it off?).

Can't wait for the next one!

-pj

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Great Blue Hills came through and made the rounds, presented me with
    some of the finest greens I have smoked in a minute, and I had to keep
    turning him down so I could hold my wits, but he was down to PARTY. He
    also picked up a few sick records, and was as mellow in real life as on
    teh internets.

Yeah, I hit your spot like a sailor on shore leave! I think it had to do with the fact it was my only day off this weekend and that my beverage of choice was the oh-so-tasty-but-9%-alcohol Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. After three of those and a nice bowl with M***, I wandered home, wondering what had become of all my money and how I got so banged up on a Sunday afternoon.

I had a blast. Thanks to SOI, KitchenKnight, and PJ for good conversation, recommendations, great deals, and all-around realness. To those I didn't meet, well, that's what next time is for!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

whats this about a re-do in september?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

whats this about a re-do in september?

I actually asked around about you when it came time to smoke. Best stuff I've had in a long while.

It was shortly after that that I began methodicaly emptying my wallet. Deals for days, son!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    we got into boston at 6am on sunday morning and i hadnt slept since i passed out for a few hours on friday night, so making my way back into the city for noontime was just not happenin.

i feel like that i didn't make it.