new(ish) kurupt 12"?

catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Supposedly an official Death Row/Koch pressing with "Throwback Muzik" on the A-side and "Anarchy 87" on the B-side exists. Bueller?Googling has only brought up press releases from when the new Kurupt album ("Against The Grain") was originally going to drop in April, and a Japanese store that claims to stock the 12" (no label scan though), figured some of my fellow new rap promo nerds got info on this. For a record that's coming out in August (and a Source cover with dude), there's been surprisingly little prerelease music - a DJ Warrior mixtape and that's about it.

Comments

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Umm word on the street out here is that Death Row is finished... officially... They just unloaded all of their property to pay debt... the catalog i thinkis going to Shakur who won a lawsuit against the label for the royalties DR made from 2Pac's music, and they are paying her off by giving her the rights tot eh entire catalog (which will promptly be bought by another label... interscope?)... So its not really answering your question but I would not expect any releases form Death Row for a minute here.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    don't forget the 24 million they awarded to Daz...

true and the fact that they just "signed" petey pablo...

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    so no one has seen the 12" then? are you calling the online japanese record emporium liars?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    so no one has seen the 12" then? are you calling the online japanese record emporium liars?

something like that, wouldn't be surprising if the Japanese got ALL of them...

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I've never seen it and I've seen lots of Kurupt shit here in LA.

I just picked up a megamix vinyl of a bunch of old songs that came out on Antra. Kinda weird but cool. My boy has a white label of "callin out names", I'm going to kill him for it.

I'll keep my eye out for it though, if it turns up anywhere it'll be here.

Umm no, it may exist but they are correct that it probably all went over to japan... All the majors are selling most if not all of the promo copies before they even hit the streets anywhere directly to japan. Its actually becoming a pretty big problem out here because the labels aren't getting their shit spun out here because none of the promo companies are able to service the Djs... However cats at the label are jsut rying to make extra loot and I am sure in the case of Death Row, trying to make whatever money they can from that sinking or sunk ship.