Uncut Raw on okayplayer.com

selfdestructselfdestruct 13 Posts
edited June 2007 in Announcements
Whatup.....Just posting the blog that was written bout the cd i did wit my dude Fluent....UNCUT RAW- FIRST TOKE.......any 1 who is into lofi gutter hip hop that sounds like its from a cassette....CHECK FOR IT @ www.myspace.com/uncutraw42any way heres the write up"Comprised of emcees/producers Fluent and Selfish, Uncut Raw claims both Akron, Ohio and Chicago, Illinois as their home-territory. Their debut album, a 26-track patchwork of dusty (and dusted) Hip-Hop titled First Toke, is out now on the independent Green Llama Records. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, it's the kind of album (like Enta Da Stage, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Funcrusherplus, and Operation: Doomsday) that comes along every now-and-again to remind me of exactly what I love about Hip-Hop, offering assurances that no matter what happens, real, raw, dirty-sounding, sample-based Hip-Hop can't ever die. When I put a track from First Toke on a recent podcast I described it as "under-under-underground, super-duper Indie-Rap, backpack craziness" and "gutter, basement, recorded-in-the-bathroom Rap." If you're a fan of the beatmaking aesthetic and lyrical styling of classic Wu Tang Clan, early MF Doom, Dilla's Stones Throw output, and Madlib at his dustiest, you need the tapedeck-era throwback-Rap of Uncut Raw's First Toke."

Comments