Record related questions

schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
1. People who bought the G Unit remix of Still Tippin' on 12" (the one with the script on the labels, not the Killah Kuts version), does yours have two clean versions and then the instrumental, instead of clean/dirty/instrumental? Should I just suck it up and keep this because it has Got It Sewed Up on the Bside? And why does Mike Jones never say "got the rap game sewed up," yet that's the name of the song?2. How do I sell a record on eBay that has gone for money in clean shape, when my copy is fairly less than clean? Found this the other day. It plays well, almost entirely clear, with a couple of specific pops, but it looks rough, with a lot of surface scratches. The cover is mint, aside from when another record got moldly next to it and attached itself to a small column's worth. What do I start this record at and how do I describe it? I've never sold anything of any grade less than a very obvious VG+ because I don't want to deal with weird eBay people. Similar question for the colored vinyl original issue of Dave Brubeck's "Live at Oberlin" on Fantasy. Cover and record are super super mint, except the first song has three rings where it looks like someone went over it with a nail. Doesn't skip the record, but makes a terrible sound and you pretty much can't listen to about 20 seconds of music because of them. Yeahthat's it, really

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    1. People who bought the G Unit remix of Still Tippin' on 12" (the one with the script on the labels, not the Killah Kuts version), does yours have two clean versions and then the instrumental, instead of clean/dirty/instrumental?

This one's confusing... apparantly G-Unit rhymed over the CLEAN version of the original, so the dirty is actually clean TX guys, dirty G-Unit verses

BTW - hearing 50 et al on that track ruins it for me, for real...

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    1. People who bought the G Unit remix of Still Tippin' on 12" (the one with the script on the labels, not the Killah Kuts version), does yours have two clean versions and then the instrumental, instead of clean/dirty/instrumental?

This one's confusing... apparantly G-Unit rhymed over the CLEAN version of the original, so the dirty is actually clean TX guys, dirty G-Unit verses

BTW - hearing 50 et al on that track ruins it for me, for real...

I can't believe it's 2005 and they can't fix things like that. Yesterday someone I know CHECKED THE WEATHER ON HIS PHONE but these dudes still have the swears bleeped in the dirty version

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    With that Jerome Richardson lp, I would just try to give a good honest description like you did above and you should do alright.