Heat versus Humidity

mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
We are looking at 100+ temps this weekend with very little to no humidity in the Mile High City. Pull up your stretch pants, put on your best sock/sandal combo and set me staright about how its so much worse where YOU are because of the humidity.Bring it!!!!

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    in new york, its super humid and just wont rain it out. It rains for like 15 minutes, but we need a good 2 hour downpour to clear this shit out. The streets all smell like piss.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Living in Santa Fe is better cuz 95 really is 95. No real humidity to speak of...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    in new york, its super humid and just wont rain it out. It rains for like 15 minutes, but we need a good 2 hour downpour to clear this shit out. The streets all smell like piss.

No doubt.

The Souf Bronx had that Brown Out on Wed. Luckily they were able to get the power back.
    It interrupted my Rattatolee Video game.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    With high humidity heat, shade does not work.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    With high humidity heat, shade does not work.

growing up in dry ass hell AZ, and now living in humid as fuck FL, I would take a dry 102 over a humid 95 anyday... humidity just sticks to you and makes you feel nasty, at least your sweat evaporates in the dryness..

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I'll take humidity over dry heat. At least with humidity if you get a breeze it cool, with dry heat it's just like a hot breath on your face. I hated how people would talk about arizona's dry heat, the dry heat isn't so great when it's fucking 126 outside. I grew up with texas humidity and I'll take that over dry heat

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I'll take humidity over dry heat. At least with humidity if you get a breeze it cool, with dry heat it's just like a hot breath on your face. I hated how people would talk about arizona's dry heat, the dry heat isn't so great when it's fucking 126 outside. I grew up with texas humidity and I'll take that over dry heat

WORD. I've been living in dry-ass Tucson for a few years, where its triple digits on the regular during the summer, and I've lived in humid-ass Bombay, where its hot as fuck (although just sometimes reaching 100) and wet as hell, and NC where the humidity is pretty damn high too. I will ALWAYS go for the humidity. This dry-ass shit is giving me nosebleeds, and for the first time in my life it is TOO HOT. Humidity at least has my skin feeling right, and makes it tolerable to open my eyes outside so that the air doesn't suck out all the mositure immediately. I gotta get back to the southeast.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Yeah,

From living in AZ. I'd take heat all day. Phx had very little if any humidity. It was pretty good.

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts
    We are looking at 100+ temps this weekend with very little to no humidity in the Mile High City.

Interestingly, I saw that earlier in the week Denver had a high of 92 one day, and the dew point was in the low 20's. This made the heat index lower than 92.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/jkl/?n=heat_index_calculator

For the record, I'll take that phenomenon over humidity anytime.
    Now, if you want to debate the finer points of heat index, I'll have to bow out. When weatherman starts talking heat index or wind chill, I know that the weather falls into on of two catergories: fucking hot, or fucking cold.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    i moved here from north carolina. denver ain't shit at 100 degrees compared to NC at 85. seriously. you just have to drink a whole lot of water here and it's not so bad, really. i mean, don't get me wrong, hot is hot, but that humidity shit definitely trumps this dry heat.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I hear ambulance trucks picking up heat casualties about 5-10 times a day.
    This humidity ain't no punk.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I will NOT debate you the finer points of the heat index.....as i only rely on the new standard of weather....the "Feels Like" rating.

Currently...its 89degrees but it "feels like 81degrees".

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/va...&from=whatwhere (beware of popups galore on Weather.com)

Thank you, Weather Channel.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I will NOT debate you the finer points of the heat index.....as i only rely on the new standard of weather....the "Feels Like" rating.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/va...&from=whatwhere (beware of popups galore on Weather.com)

The "feels like" shit pisses me off. When it's 107 here and the webpage says it "feels like" 100, I wanna punch the person who put that on there. If it's 107 then it fucking feels like 107, because it's hot as shit outside, and the fucking thermometer says that its 107.

It's fucking hot today and i gotta go out in that shit in a few minutes, so pardon my irritability.

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts

The "feels like" shit pisses me off. When it's 107 here and the webpage says it "feels like" 100, I wanna punch the person who put that on there. If it's 107 then it fucking feels like 107, because it's hot as shit outside, and the fucking thermometer says that its 107.

Exactly, "107... feels like... 100" is "fucking hot" in my book. Show me "99 degrees... feels like 80" and I'll pay attention.

Has road rage been going up in your respective Local Humidity Experience(s)?
    I have a six mile bike ride each day, and people in cars have been wilding out around me lately....