DJ Khaled - We da BAAASSSSTTTT

G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Got this yesterday (bootleg, I might buy it, we'll see). This is supposedly an album? OK. The songs are generally pretty good. Great collaborations, all the hottest rappers of the last year or two or on here. The beats are good too (for the most part). DJ Khaled, what do you do? You don't make the beats, you don't write or spit the raps. You put it together? OK I'll buy that. You got the rappers and producers together and put your name on the project. My problem with this "album" is this:DJ KHALED WON'T SHUT THE FUCK UP! It's not a mixtape my man, you don't need to constantly scream "WE DA BAAAAASSSSTTT" every thirty seconds on every track. We KNOW your name is on the CD cover. Thanks for getting these people together to make some good music! But your mixtape-esque self-promotion drops are EXTREMELY ANNOYING. I hope they release a "Khaled-drop-free" version of this. Some of these songs are increedibly hot. "I'm So Hood", "Brown Paper Bag", "Bitch I'm From Dade County", "Hit Them Up" are all heat. The Beenie Sigel track is kinda suspect, as is the one with Ja Rule (although Fat Joe and Jadakiss come correct on it). The Wayne and Birdman tracks are pretty good, there's even a track with Bone on here that's alright. Thoughts? (Modern/Southern Rap hatteurs plaese to fall back from this thread, no need for your hateful rhetoric, but I guess I can't stop you, but that's why I said "plaese")

Comments

• i have absolutely no desire to ever here this album, but i have heard him interviewed, and yes he is easily the most annoying human being ever. I've also seen him catching some slack lately about saying nigga so much. Can he do that? :5pager:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

DJ KHALED WON'T SHUT THE FUCK UP! It's not a mixtape my man, you don't need to constantly scream "WE DA BAAAAASSSSTTT" every thirty seconds on every track. We KNOW your name is on the CD cover. Thanks for getting these people together to make some good music! But your mixtape-esque self-promotion drops are EXTREMELY ANNOYING.

I hope they release a "Khaled-drop-free" version of this. Some of these songs are increedibly hot. "I'm So Hood", "Brown Paper Bag", "Bitch I'm From Dade County", "Hit Them Up" are all heat.

He is like the DJ version of Fat Joe--an annoying talentless dude who manages to attract talented collaborators, forcing you to occasionally put up with him. No wonder Joe put him down with TS.

One other thing they both do: drone on in interviews about all the slang that they originate and how everybody bites it and wants to be like them. Newsflash: you dudes ain't the Diplomats. Nobody besides Khaled actually says LISTEEEEEEENNNN! And if such people did exist, I would leave a party in order to avoid interacting with them.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    It's a good thing he shouts "DJ KHALED!!!!!" a lot in the beginning of the video for We takin' over, cause it's pretty easy to overlook the huge block letters in the beginning. And the reporter going "DJ KHALED IS ON THE RUN! I REPEAT!"

Seriously, he's screaming all over the final release?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    i have absolutely no desire to ever here this album, but i have heard him interviewed, and yes he is easily the most annoying human being ever. I've also seen him catching some slack lately about saying nigga so much. Can he do that? :5pager:

He does say it on this album, too. I just learned that he is Palestinian. However, I'm not really too concerned with all of that, I just want him to shut up in general.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    And fucking Akon screaming 'Convict Muuuuuuuuuusic' at the top of every song.
    Don't even get me started on Jazze Phizzle...

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

That whole "go back to reading credits" idea hasn't really caught on yet, I believe.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I'm just waiting for the engineers to get in on the action.

"Quad Studioooooooooooooooooooos yo!"

That whole "go back to reading credits" idea hasn't really caught on yet, I believe.

that's because nobody buys CDs anymore. maybe that's why they do it.

i've been noticing recently that a lot of new rap albums don't even credit the producers at all (unless they are super producers - timbo, kanye, dre, etc., a name that will help sell the product). it will say "executive prodcer" but have no credit for the actual beat maker. probably due to the fact that the executive producer purchased the full rights to the track (including ownership), so they don't have to list the name. it sucks when you really like a beat and can't figure out who made it, though.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

that's because nobody buys CDs anymore. maybe that's why they do it.

i've been noticing recently that a lot of new rap albums don't even credit the producers at all (unless they are super producers - timbo, kanye, dre, etc., a name that will help sell the product). it will say "executive prodcer" but have no credit for the actual beat maker. probably due to the fact that the executive producer purchased the full rights to the track (including ownership), so they don't have to list the name. it sucks when you really like a beat and can't figure out who made it, though.

Really? Which ones?

I still buy new rap CDs (maybe two a month) and I have yet to see this, although I will say that the producer credits have become increasingly difficult to locate.

It could be that I'm not looking in the right place. I'm kinda buggin' right now though because I can't for the life of me remember the specific 2 albums I was looking at last week that I had this issue with. Maybe I was dreaming about that.

OH I know one, it was Jim Jones "Hustler's P.O.M.E.". I guess it's not really new at all but I couldn't find any production credits on there. The other one could have been the newest Dipset release (Duke Da God: More Than Music 2) but I could be trippin'.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    you gotta watch the whole thing. hilarious.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    as I said back in April in the young-Weezy-spits-hot-fire-on-track-featuring-annoying-yelling-hypeman-faux-DJ-Khaled:

Khaled

this guy could go away forever and would be missed only by his close friends and family.

I'm just waiting for the engineers to get in on the action.

"Quad Studioooooooooooooooooooos yo!"

Bob Power gets occasional shout-outs.

I would like to see the studio receptionist get some shine though:

"Yo we keepin the coffee HOT up in here!!! HELEN in this bitch!!!"

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    grammy family is the shit though, and so is that lil wayne paul wall joint from last year.

but yeah that new track is fuckin' corny keyboard shit.

RAAAAAAAR!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Oh man.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    why can't khaled sit still?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Ahh ahhahahahhaha.....so many graemlins;

"I REPRESENT THAT LOVE AND UNITY.....SO I"M ALL ABOUT UNITY AND LOVE"

"THESE ARE GUCCI!"

"WE THE BEEEEEEST!"

I lol'd when dude was like "go ahead and say your schpeal"....

dude is the ultimate fucking cornball.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    annoyingest. dude. ever.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    What the fuck was that video all about? So music is now all about wack catch phrases and being completely fucking full of yourself despite no talent whatsoever? Fuck a Khaled.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    hahahaha... there he go.

i walk around the house yelling

"DJ KHALED!"
    "WE THE BEEESSSST!"
    "LIS-SSENNN!"

all that hooha he yellin works on the mente, but i'm not buying his music. LIS-SSENNN!

he kinda looks like a fat version of my landlord, and a man version of his baby daughter.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

DJ KHALED WON'T SHUT THE FUCK UP! It's not a mixtape my man, you don't need to constantly scream "WE DA BAAAAASSSSTTT" every thirty seconds on every track. We KNOW your name is on the CD cover. Thanks for getting these people together to make some good music! But your mixtape-esque self-promotion drops are EXTREMELY ANNOYING.

I hope they release a "Khaled-drop-free" version of this. Some of these songs are increedibly hot. "I'm So Hood", "Brown Paper Bag", "Bitch I'm From Dade County", "Hit Them Up" are all heat.

He is like the DJ version of Fat Joe--an annoying talentless dude who manages to attract talented collaborators, forcing you to occasionally put up with him. No wonder Joe put him down with TS.

One other thing they both do: drone on in interviews about all the slang that they originate and how everybody bites it and wants to be like them. Newsflash: you dudes ain't the Diplomats. Nobody besides Khaled actually says LISTEEEEEEENNNN! And if such people did exist, I would leave a party in order to avoid interacting with them.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

i walk around the house yelling

"DJ KHALED!"
    "WE THE BEEESSSST!"
    "LIS-SSENNN!"

you forgot "GOD LOVES ME"

barf

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    DJ Khaled prank phone called by Ralphige (the guy that pranked Scott Storch and Hul Hogan!) Khaled get's mad and screams non-stop!
    http://ralphige.com/media/ralphige.com_attacks_djkhaled.mp3

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    you forgot "GOD LOVES ME"
    barf

never that, son!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Oh man.

Reminds me of those fat fucks at the bar, yelling with their boys, "That's what I'm talking about man!!!"

• reskresk 391 Posts
    dude has a radio show locally here in miami (99jams), and you here "lisssssssssssten", "we the bessssssssssst", "what id does", and good 50 times a show. No lie, dude is quite annoying but i cant hate cause hes been putting together good colabos and his been doing his thing doing her for close to a decade now.

I'm sayin', minus his blabbering, this album is pretty good. Unfortunately for him, most people won't listen to it because he's so annoying.

That I'm So Hood track is fiiiire to me right now.

his been doing his thing doing her for close to a decade now.

because someone has been doing something for a long time is seldom any reason to give props. especially when what dude has been doing for so long is annoying.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    annoyingest. dude. ever.

wha wha what?! i thought you rode for this dude like crazy? i tried to tell you a long time ago that this dude was straight cheese.

p.s. i roll dolo from state to state like ike love. i thought you noonen.

cas. ahead of the curve. you wannna know what's fresh? ask me. if i don't know...i'll give you an educated lie and you won't know any better. trust in me.