Record sellers just be honest!!!!

shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
We've all heard it before!!! You pay for priority shipping, they say "yeah I sent that off the day you paid" knowing they didn't because they don't have the money for shipemnt !!! A few can't because they waiting for their mom's to give them their weekly allowance LOL. Be honest!! or my other favorite is when a seller hasn't listen or graded an lp right.!!! You get it and it's warped or unplayable. Share some stories!!!

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    BUYERS READ THE ENTIRE AUCTION!

Ive started to put our mailing days on the auction, and saying "your record will be shipped out on such and such a day if we recieve your payment by this such and such a date"

it has kinda stopped the asshurtedness....

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I don't find that matters at all, to mention how many days you take to ship (I put 2). I mail several times a week and dudes are still grumpy. It is what it is.

The star system sucks.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    I make a valiant effort to mail the next day!!
    I get messages after a week asking "when will it arrive"??
    But people forget that media mail takes longer!!!
    And post offices can hold packages hostage!!!

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    I email paid winners the day I ship with their delivery confirmation/customs tracking numbers. It doesn't seem too much to ask that sellers actually do something outside on rely on ebay to send you an invoice. It's not being asshurt to expect some info on what you've purchased.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I don't find that matters at all, to mention how many days you take to ship (I put 2). I mail several times a week and dudes are still grumpy. It is what it is.

The star system sucks.

I charge postage within $.25 give or take of what it costs me and my "star system" rating is lowest on the "Shipping Cost" section.

I have a question for all you buyers...

When you look at the Star System how low of a rating does it have to be before you get concerned about dealing with the seller??

4.5 ?? Higher?? Lower??

If you are selling a few dozen LPs a week on ebay, you have to have desiginated mailing days as a time management tool. If you mail out on the same days every week, you know those are the days that you do that. Stupid to have to stop what you are doing to just pack up one or two records and mail them for an impatient wetmouth. Just say, "if you pay by this time, you record is shipped out on this day" Simple.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I don't pay attention to the star system, if a seller has good feedback that's all I worry about.

I really wonder about buyers that freak out if they don't have the record within hours of having paid. What the hell do they need the record asap for? A big gig that will not happen without that record? I'm sure 9 times out of 10 people listen the record once and then shelf it until the next time they want to listen to it weeks later. People need to chillllllll..... the music will sound just as good in a week.

• I don't pay attention to the star system, if a seller has good feedback that's all I worry about.

I really wonder about buyers that freak out if they don't have the record within hours of having paid. What the hell do they need the record asap for? A big gig that will not happen without that record? I'm sure 9 times out of 10 people listen the record once and then shelf it until the next time they want to listen to it weeks later. People need to chillllllll..... the music will sound just as good in a week.

I don't send an email unless it's been an egregiously long wait, but I do get anxious just cos of the whole process. Records get left on my doorstep on a fairly busy street. I have had zero problems as of yet (knock wood), but it's just relieving to have the whole process over and the record in hand, especially if it's a little pricey. I'm sure that mentality plays a part in the grippage.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I don't pay attention to the star system, if a seller has good feedback that's all I worry about.

I don't send an email unless it's been an egregiously long wait, but I do get anxious just cos of the whole process. Records get left on my doorstep on a fairly busy street. I have had zero problems as of yet (knock wood), but it's just relieving to have the whole process over and the record in hand, especially if it's a little pricey. I'm sure that mentality plays a part in the grippage.

jesus, its not delivering a baby.

Yeah I mean I have pick ups on particular days - but if the pickup doesn't come (today, it looks like it won't) or a guy pays Friday night, and the pickup is on Tuesday, all of a sudden you've got a guy freaking out because four days elapsed between payment and shipment. It's insane.

Rich, I break even on shipping, I know 'cause I have to account for all of it at the end of the day, and yet shipping costs is also my lowest star factor.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I have had zero problems as of yet (knock wood)

That's what I'm saying. I understand the anxiety over having pricey records sitting around outside (especially in TX heat), so I just have records that cost over $50 or so sent to my office. No more worry.

I've only been stiffed on one ebay purchase out of like 150 or so. Those are pretty good odds, so I don't sweat it any more.

I screwed up and almost sent out the wrong Roland Kirk LP and misplaced the correct one. The dude had to wait A WHOLE WEEK to get his LP. Never heard a peep from him, until after he got it...he simply left a negative saying it took too long. Luckily it didnt hurt my feedback, but my reltalitory negative certainly hurt his massive feedback of 18 or something.

Man, that's nuts. one time I sent an entire 9-record package to the wrong dude. He was nice enough to send it on its way, and loop both me and the buyer in. Unfortunately, he then complained that his record never got there, I refunded him, he swore to pay if it ever showed up, still waiting for either the record or the payment... but I felt like I got off light there. One $15 record versus a $300 package...