So you think you know how to write, huh?

iron_monkeyiron_monkey 985 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Well, then how would you like to sharpen those writing chops by contributing articles, musings, reviews, etc. to my new site?Interested? If so, hit me up on the PM or my regular email: [email]adrianmilan@gmail.com[/email] I'll give you the rundown of what the site's all about...Thanks,A

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    *dr**n Whats good?

can you break down a little bit on what the sites about?

By the way you missing parties with stripper poles in Highland Park

• *dr**n Whats good?

OK, here goes>>>

I have a project in the works that I think you may be interested in. Putting together a website and looking for writers willing to contribute material. The url will be www.hidden-strength.com and the basic idea of the site is to shed light on the more under-appreciated aspects of popular culture. Stuff like deep funk 45's, grind house flicks, blaxploitation posters, outsider art, muscle cars, mayan codices, etc.

In turn, also poke fun at the sheer ridiculousness of mainstream culture (i.e. American Idol, Emo, celebrity worship, horrible blockbuster movies, etc.). Kinda give folks the heads-up that we are indeed hurtling towards the apocalypse at breakneck speed.

Personally, as someone who tends to be stubbornly old school in terms of tastes, I'm looking for like-minded people to contribute reviews and/or write articles on their favorite films, records, books, publications, tattoo artists, dive bars, photo essays, travelogues, anecdotes culled from their misspent youth, etc.

I'm all about free-form expression on this site. I want to create a forum for aspiring writers to hone their craft and at the same time, drop science, wax poetic, write about things that matter to them.

I dunno, kinda brainstorming as I write this, so excuse the stream of consciousness flow I got going on right now.

I know you're all down with cool shit, so I figured I'd run this idea by you to see what you thought....

Well...... whaddya think?

Hit me back when ya get the chance. Looking to compile material in the next few weeks.

Thanks for your time...
    later,
    A

• *dr**n Whats good?

WHAT? Strippers? Highland Park? What am I missing? Man, I got so caught up in recruiting writers that I put that tidbit on the mental backburner.

And yo, what the fuck? 200 plus views and not one of you folls are down to flex their skills? BLASPHEMY!