Ciara

schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
So it's been three singles (Goodies, 1-2 Step, Oh), and she is still strong. Thinking back to that "What if Aaliyah was still alive?" thread, what do you think about Ciara's holding power? A few of the songs on the album certainly sound like direct Aaliyah bites (Pick Up the Phone, which I Love {and is my voicemail, currently} sounds like she pilfered lost Aaliyah tapes and pieced together a song). But I don't necessarily find this to be a distraction as it doesn't seem as though she is solely about being the next Aaliyah, or something akin to that. The album is strong, especially the second side of the first LP (Bangladesh produced Hotline, Oh, and Pick Up the Phone), and she seems fairly charming. Think she's going to be around?

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I definitely dig her singles... but I just don't see her being an artist that will be taken seriously by the time her second album rolls along... this one was so perfectly calculated and executed by Jazzy Phe et al, and I doubt they'll be that kind of precision when its time to market her again...

I also get the impression that she's more of a dancer than a singer

Her dance in the Oh video when she's wearing that silly half-hoodie cracks me up bigtime

• EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts
    I definitely dig her singles... but I just don't see her being an artist that will be taken seriously by the time her second album rolls along... this one was so perfectly calculated and executed by Jazzy Phe et al, and I doubt they'll be that kind of precision when its time to market her again...

Her dance in the Oh video when she's wearing that silly half-hoodie cracks me up bigtime

I've never been the hugest fan of newer R & B... But I always liked Aaliyah, and I have become a huge fan of Ciara. She is mos def going strong with this album. I think her second album can only be bigger. But thats my opinion. I can see Jazze Pha doing alot more with the next album. The relationship does really remind me of the timbo aaliya relationship. There will never be another Aaliyah.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

she's just being consistent, man! She never wears a WHOLE garment!

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

NOICE!

SG

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts

She's definitely a singer. I don't think she's Jesus or anything, but she knows what's going on. But, yeah, that dance where she is like mowing the lawn or some shit with the arms at right angles, shit is mad goofy

.....and to top it all off...she's a good looking woman..

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    the facial expressions she makes when she dances are the worst...kinda like the ELVIS LIP thing........and her figure is wack.....3 years from now we wont even remember who she is...she's an o.k. singer with above average production and "the machine" in her corner

...and her figure is wack....

Ed....Ed, now you KNOW this isn't true.

WHAT is wack about this???

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    ........and her figure is wack.....

Officially catty...

"And ya'll know that ain't her real hair!"

she's built like a 17 year old girl....or should i say she's built like the letter l

• FOLKWAYS

she's built like a 17 year old girl....or should i say she's built like the letter l

I ain't mad at her...

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    ...and her figure is wack....

Ed....Ed, now you KNOW this isn't true.

WHAT is wack about this???

not a DAMN ting!

• she's built like a 17 year old girl....or should i say she's built like the letter l

If only we could put her "talent" into Free's body....

PS I like Ciara's records, but I still think she looks a bit mannish.

If only we could put her "talent" into Free's body....

I don't know what it is about free, but I've just never been attracted. My friends go ape shit over her and I just don't see it..

• I don't know what it is about free...

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Rumour has it that she possesses a teeny weenie. Did you notice the size of his/her hands in that "Oh" video? HOW YOU DOIN'

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I don't know what it is about free, but I've just never been attracted. My friends go ape shit over her and I just don't see it..

I have never seen you, my friend, but I know for a fact that you are not a black man.

I have never seen you, my friend, but I know for a fact that you are not a black man.

Man...HAHAHA...I'm hispanic. I am into the donkey, don't get me wrong, but I'm just not that into her.

• legendlegend 124 Posts

Man...HAHAHA...I'm hispanic. I am into the donkey, don't get me wrong, but I'm just not that into her.

but Free has the MAD Donkey.....u HAVE to be into Free. Her grill ain't the best, but the back....my GOD!

whoever cropped this shit at the bottom should be shot

i dont know what it is ...but lately these latina chicks have more "donkey" than black chicks....fast food i guess?

but Free has the MAD Donkey.....u HAVE to be into Free. Her grill ain't the best, but the back....my GOD!

whoever cropped this shit at the bottom should be shot

Free vs Ciara = apples vs oranges

both= hot

and Phil....c'mon, man, that hermaphrodite stuff was long ago shown to be internet urban legend.

and Ed, what besides smallish breasteses is mannish about this girl????

My bad, that was RossHogg. Butt still!

For real, I really don't care...5 STAR THREAD!!!

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    This is the first major label artists I have heard in a long time that has managed to put out 3 hot singles from their album in a minute... She is def. going to be aruond for a minute... cosign on the aaliyah sound/alike bitin, but fuck it, it works.

i just think she looks like someone my 13 year old cousin would date

Ciara with curves[/b]

Hmmm..this and the Female MC thread got me thinkin'...

Ciara could be Lyte's little sister!

It's true, I have a crush on Lyte! And yes, I know the talk, but I don't care.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    She's definitely a singer. I don't think she's Jesus or anything, but she knows what's going on.

Like I said man, I'm a fan... but on her singles there is almost NO singing whatsoever... which calls her vocal talents into question IMO... I haven't heard the album, but aside from a couple parts on Goodies she's ain't singing on those singles at all... just speaking rhythmically

And forget the hermaphrodite shit... they said the same thing about Ashanti and will say the same thing about the next 18 year old pop vocalist chick

• and Ed, what besides smallish breasteses is mannish about this girl????

Nah, it's something about her face...not so much in the pics posted above, but in her videos.

But back to Free. I wasn't initially feelin' the grillin', but she's really grown on me.

Free vs. LaLa. Yes, plaese.

I'd like to apologize to our half-dozen female Strutters for being such a pig (Hogg?).

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

am i only one who thinks she dances just like micheal jackson??

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    You know who's face is weird? That girl that sings "Okay", somethin about her nose and lips is just strange. I wish I could remeber her name so I could google it up. Oh, yeah Nivea!:

This pic doesn't really do it justice but in that video she looks real trollish or something a few times, her lips all thin and contorted and the nose w/ that same like down slope to a v as these guys:

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

and Phil....c'mon, man, that hermaphrodite stuff was long ago shown to be internet urban legend.

and Ed, what besides smallish breasteses is mannish about this girl????

For real, I really don't care...5 STAR THREAD!!!

thanks for the myth busting... my kids at work have been telling me that shes a man for ages... but i wouldnt let them search onlien for info in case some weird ass pictures would pop up etc.

ciara == man? had the internet going nuts?

i just realized that when you guys say donkey, that means ass... slow me.

-rich