East St. Louis Gospelettes

krispykrispy 7 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Hi everyone, New to this board and new to msg boards in general actually. Anyway just tryin to find some more info on this group as little can be found searchin google! I've heard a track "have mercy on me" which completely blew me away. Does anyone know the LP this is taken from...or is it a 7"?! Also wouldn't mind knowing a bit more of there back catalogue...K

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    a-ight, dog... i'ma get you before they start pilin' up on you. "love is the key"

after this you're on your own in these here parts. welcome

• Hi everyone,

New to this board and new to msg boards in general actually. Anyway just tryin to find some more info on this group as little can be found searchin google! I've heard a track "have mercy on me" which completely blew me away. Does anyone know the LP this is taken from...or is it a 7"?! Also wouldn't mind knowing a bit more of there back catalogue...

K

should pick it up for peanuts, also contains a great cover of stevie's 'have a talk with god'
    which also came out on a 45. don't think 'mercy' was a 45. other great tracks on the lp, it's on birthright.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Hi everyone,

New to this board and new to msg boards in general actually. Anyway just tryin to find some more info on this group as little can be found searchin google! I've heard a track "have mercy on me" which completely blew me away. Does anyone know the LP this is taken from...or is it a 7"?! Also wouldn't mind knowing a bit more of there back catalogue...

K

I have 2 of their lps in my data base. I think I have seen more. I always pick them up and consider them a good 70s female quartet. (I say quartet to denote a singing style not the number of people in the group.)

I don't remember any individual songs. These are the 2 in my data base:
    East St Louis Gospelettes Love Is Key Birthright 4009 1977 East St Louis Gospelettes A Jesus Affair Nashboro 7152 1975

These type of gospel records can still be found cheap are worth the money.

• just remembered I had this on my laptop from the lp you're looking for, it's the 'talk with god' track...

http://download.yousendit.com/531233783581E212

enjoy.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    They have another one on Cadet:

Shout for joy

Peace

• krispykrispy 7 Posts
    Many thanks to all of you....picked up a copy for a few dollars...nice. Thats made my week. Mr Soul Citizen much respect for the 'talk with god'!

K

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    BUMP!

Besides the Birthright LP, any of their other Checker or Nashboro LPs worth copping?