selling suggestions (pro audio/recording related)

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
recently, a friend of mine who runs a junk removal and demo company cleared out a flooded house and came across a microphone. it is a Neuman TLM 170 studio mic and i know they go for a decent chunk of change. i am looking for a mic but at the same time can use the money. i figure if i can get some good money for a minty expensive mic, i can buy a less expensive piece and use the change for god knows what....after looking around ebay, i notice that there arent alot of these mics up for sale. and the ones that are up for sale are for pickup only. i am assuming because of the price and them being fragile and all. where would you suggest one tries to sell a mic of such caliber??ebay doesnt look like that great of an option. any musician exchange people on here frequent that they might be able to suggest??-chris

Comments

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    Try the Tape Op.com forums...They have a classified section and with a mic like that you should get some offer...

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    craigslist

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    craigslist

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Try the Tape Op.com forums...They have a classified section and with a mic like that you should get some offer...

I think this might be a better bet than Craigslist... most people on Craigslist are looking for gear in a lower price bracket.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

I think this might be a better bet than Craigslist... most people on Craigslist are looking for gear in a lower price bracket.

But its local. I'd feel real suspect handing that mic off to the fedex dudes, no matter how well packaged. Even dealing with a legitimate website that would give me a refund, if I was going to buy a high end mic, it will be handed to me. And NY is not a bad place to slang high end audio gear, my coworker is constantly shuffling his $1000+ mic collection on craigs list. He rocks tape-op and gearslutz too, but craigs list is purely local, so I'd go there first...

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    thanks for the advice guys. people on tapeops are getting at me now.

some of the questions theyre asking are bizarre reminiscient of "whats the run out groove number and the coloor of the promo sticker"?