Overlooked West Coast Bangers

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    not gangsta rap- but i liked these:

Hells to the yes.

I place this right alongside the entire early Native Tounges Catalog.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• oldnewsouloldnewsoul 238 Posts
    Defari- Say It Twice
    any Erule joint
    Above the Laws 2nd album

• on the Erule tracks....i can still rock listen up like it was 1995; plus that other slow, smooth track that samples the cut from the rocky sndtrk

---Raw Fusion-throw your hands in the air (maybe it wasnt all that slept on, but i cant really remember anyone else with this album but me)

---Askari X-Ward of the state---this cat was on some racist shit now that i think about it; back then, we just thought he was on some pro-black militant steez---ala coup and paris---'hide tonite' is just plain ignorant........

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Above the Laws 2nd album

Vocally Pimpin'.

Did the West Coast "overlook" their output?

I can see w/out the Dre & Yella production credits it not gettin the same "hype". But I remember them having many videos during their run.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Never knew about this until RAJs mix put me on: "West Oak Lane Jam" - Klassy K

West Oak Lane is in Philly which is on the east coast.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    and I still think this is slept on relative to its dopeness:

can anyone explain how it featured at least two maybe three[/b] of the beats the appeared on Biggie's debut LP the following year?

i've occasionally wondered the same

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    and I still think this is slept on relative to its dopeness:

can anyone explain how it featured at least two maybe three[/b] of the beats the appeared on Biggie's debut LP the following year?

i've occasionally wondered the same

seriously my young mind had many an anti-East-Coast Archaic-like conspiracy theory about this back in the day.

now I just chalk it up to general shady label maneuverings, promo leaks and double dealing Puff Daddy moves.

will we ever know the truth?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    o_O

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Delinquents- Senorita