Talkin All That Jazz - What sound are you digging

obscure_addictobscure_addict 869 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I really do have a love for jazz, i'll give anything a try be it slow or midtempo bring them on and let's hear what you've been digging. For me i'm very much into fender rhodes so if you've got something outstanding that you like please share and put us all up on it.I recently scooped up this great library from a local pal of mine. This is the standout track and from what i know a lot of beatheads and djs do not even know about it.Please post sound clips of some more (not so known tracks) don't bust out here with the best of blue note or some nonsense. Dig deep in your crates or cd collection.

Comments

• radrad 51 Posts
    Sorry for not posting it as a clip but divshare still doesnt work properly for me.

This tune comes from album called Unit made by Adam Makowicz it was released as part of Polish Jazz series.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y1u4ef

• Please post sound clips of some more (not so known tracks) don't bust out here with the best of blue note or some nonsense. Dig deep in your crates or cd collection.

take that shit to soulseek!

• Please post sound clips of some more (not so known tracks) don't bust out here with the best of blue note or some nonsense. Dig deep in your crates or cd collection.

take that shit to soulseek!

soulseek = never been never will, i'd go to eMule before i did that bullshit, This is not a thread about german records... if i wanted your specific opinion i'll drop something on that link... til then, shuttttitupppy or post a hot track..

• or post a hot track..

no. no, thanks.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    Sorry for not posting it as a clip but divshare still doesnt work properly for me.

This tune comes from album called Unit made by Adam Makowicz it was released as part of Polish Jazz series.

pretty common record.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

"Sunday" jazz.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    I really do have a love for jazz, i'll give anything a try be it slow or midtempo bring them on and let's hear what you've been digging. For me i'm very much into fender rhodes so if you've got something outstanding that you like please share and put us all up on it.

I recently scooped up this great library from a local pal of mine. This is the standout track and from what i know a lot of beatheads and djs do not even know about it.

Please post sound clips of some more (not so known tracks) don't bust out here with the best of blue note or some nonsense. Dig deep in your crates or cd collection.

i am feelin this track, thank you for posting.

• Currently relaxin to a some smooth jazz mix of hits like, grover washington jr jammin, rohn lawrence breathe again, earl klugh for the love of you, walter beasley lets stay together, lee ritenour & dave grusin get up stand up, peter white walk on by & whats going on.... def a good cd by a local dj.

On another note... this is heavy in my played rotation right now for jazzy hiphop. Def some flavorful beats going on with this volume.

Guru-Jazzmatazz_Vol._4_The_Hip_Hop_Jazz_Messenger_(Back_to_the_Future)

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    i dont have an mp3 but check Peter Duchin - Commin' home baby
    rhodes heat

• radrad 51 Posts

pretty common record.

i never said it was raer.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    my current favorite jazz album. herbie hancock is a madman on the keys and Pal Gleeson sets the dark mood with his synths. Its . And the drummer is

the drumming is and the whole album is just really really really good. Nothing groundbreaking or super innovative but its just really really well done. And there is a GENIUS cover of "summertime" on it which is

this is solid all the way through. "John Coltrane" is hands down the best song on here. When the voices cut in, shit is .

and lastly: cosmos nucleus by carlos garnett which is so good id rather not say anything about it.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    this is good

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    KILL (as in BAN)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    KILL (as in BAN)

I WAS THINKING MORE LIKE AS IN "END THE LIFE OF" OR "SEPARATE THE HEAD FROM THE BODY" OR "STOP THE HEART FROM BEATING"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Currently relaxin to a some smooth jazz mix of hits like, grover washington jr jammin, rohn lawrence breathe again, earl klugh for the love of you, walter beasley lets stay together, lee ritenour & dave grusin get up stand up, peter white walk on by & whats going on.... def a good cd by a local dj.

On another note... this is heavy in my played rotation right now for jazzy hiphop. Def some flavorful beats going on with this volume.

Guru-Jazzmatazz_Vol._4_The_Hip_Hop_Jazz_Messenger_(Back_to_the_Future)

You have GOT to be an alias.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    KILL (as in BAN)

I think SP should get his own Reviews section on the front page!!

:melt:

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

"Sunday" jazz.

I'm cosigning this, even if it's very hard to remember the differences between each song. I enjoy falling asleep to it.

I apologize for upping this thread, but the amel album is worth checking.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Not even sure this is a real thread (I mean, one must be wary about a thread about music) but the NON RAER reaeaealness at the moment is Robert Glasper's work or the first two Patrice Rushen sets, as any Major Dilla Dude will testify.

"Traverse" is fire. I think she's about 4 months old on that set? Depressing, if you have ever tickled the ivories

You can encounter the live Glasper set from the NSJF here (ctrl+f for Glasper):
    Glasper gig

Smoking. And yes, the drumming is Fay Smelt.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I think SP should get his own Reviews section on the front page!!

Hate all you want, but this is the best idea in at least 3 days.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

"Sunday" jazz.

Now if I could only wake up with her on a Sunday...

- J