songs you've known forever will never tire of

13»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yo,

Here is the Liberty Records catalogue info for the Dayton 12" joint: LT-1093 - Cutie Pie - Dayton [1981]. It was on this LP from the following year: LT-51126 - Hot Fun - Dayton [1982].

No one is doubting that Dayton might have done the song first. Instread we're wondering if you've been living in a plastic Easter egg for the past 25 years.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Dayton did the song in 1981. Actually, I'm not up on the One Way version.

Odd, One Way's version was a massive hit in '82 or so.

My bad, these are actually two different songs. The one I'm "up on" is the One Way version. Old age is a bitch. I actually have both LPs (the One Way was my brother's joint), but haven't listened in years (and I'd have to find 'em).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Yo,

Here is the Liberty Records catalogue info for the Dayton 12" joint: LT-1093 - Cutie Pie - Dayton [1981]. It was on this LP from the following year: LT-51126 - Hot Fun - Dayton [1982].

This is why this forum is the ....

My musical (vinyl) knowledge has expanded because of Strutters such as youz.

now I'm very interested to hear Dayton...whether booty or not...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo,

This is why this forum is the ....

My musical (vinyl) knowledge has expanded because of Strutters such as youz.

now I'm very interested to hear Dayton...whether booty or not...

Actually, "Cutie Pie" was the title of Dayton's 1981 LP as well.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Hey Stacks,

No offense intended above...just jokes.

No offense taken. As much shit as I give around here, I couldn't take offense if I wanted. I just get frustrated with my absentmindedness at times.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak