THE MELVINS

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
BOW DOWN BATCHESPLEASE TO STOP TALKING ABOUT CANDLEBOX AND GET WITH THEE RAEL SCHITT

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I just saw them perform in Austin this past March and they fucking murdered it.

Also, braeks.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    thats the one i couldnt remember, that guy buzz is a lunatic. my old girlfriend was friends with him from when she was in caroliner rainbow.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Yes! Please let me add them to the short list of TRULY GREAT Pacific NW bands..."Eggnog" is a kick-to-the-crotch motherfucker of a record.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Saw 'em play to a bunch of mohawks & skinheads in NC in 1987. Matt Lukin was still playing bass. They were amazing.

Soon lots of bands were playing slower and coming up with non sequitur lyrics.

Thanks Melvins.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    gluey proch treatments
    stoner witch

buzz with M.Patton=Fantamos=Illness

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    took a girl on a first date to an all-ages Melvin show. what a mistake. I think we had like one more date after that.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    That band is great. Love it how they all did a solo record just like KISS did with a portrait of each on the sleeve.

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    good shit.
    i'm digging the current double drummer lineup.
    Bullhead is still the best record, though.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I scooped the trilogy on vinyl and all three records are picture discs...each record has the opposite of each other on either side..one record is a cross on one side with a pentagram on the other side, one record is a KKK cross on eone side with a black panther on the other side, and one record is a star of david on one side with a swastika on the other side. Always wanted to play them out when I had a metal night years ago, but didnt want to have to explain myself to some ultra PC dude when I had a swastika or a KKK cross spinnin around on the turntable...