NIRVANA

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Been on a huge Nirvana kick lately ever since future Jack was blastin it on the Lost finale. RIP KURT COBAIN

Comments

• Been on a huge Nirvana kick lately ever since future Jack was blastin it on the Lost finale.

RIP KURT COBAIN

haha yeah, i'm actually having some lost withdrawl, damn summer breaks..

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Damnit, I thought this thread was going to be about spiritual enlightenment. Carry on.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    *SEE PEARL JAM POST

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    I like their Vaselines covers. The rest kinda got old for me.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Been on a huge Nirvana kick lately ever since future Jack was blastin it on the Lost finale.

RIP KURT COBAIN

haha yeah, i'm actually having some lost withdrawl, damn summer breaks..

Just watched the whole of Series 3 last week !!!

• That's pretty funny. I listened to "In Utero" on repeat for several days after that episode as well.

Great fucking album. Possibly their best.

Nirvana shred.

• lord234lord234 236 Posts
    is listening to nirvana trendy again? i heard the gaslamp killer and even diplo playing it in their sets

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    ...were better than PEARL JAM

• lord234lord234 236 Posts
    ...were better than PEARL JAM

whoa......

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Nirvana is awesome. Not to take anything away from them, but I was struck by how heavily Cobain borrowed from The Wipers after coming across this album a few years ago:

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I just looked up what some of those French Nirvana CD-eps are going for...time to sell my Nirvana ish.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    they (nirvana) covered D-7 and Return of the Rat, I don't think cobain and co. were trying to cover their love of wipers (pause?) up at all.
    I was just hearing nirvana in a friend's car the other day, and noticing how "backwoods hick" a lot of cobains vocals were. don't know why i had never heard the twang before.

heres nirvana doing lead belly's "ain't that a shame"

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I just looked up what some of those French Nirvana CD-eps are going for...time to sell my Nirvana ish.

i'll take nirvana 7"s off your hands...

"seasons in the sun"

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Been on a huge Nirvana kick lately

Have you checked out those bands that Kurt liked? Meat Puppets, Flipper, Alternative TV, Gang of Four, The Skunks, The Melvins, Scratch Acid and The Dicks...

Man, The Dicks, what a fucking band!

I hope I die today, just so I can have "Shit On Me" played at my funeral!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Meat Puppets and The Dicks...

Man, The Dicks, what a fucking band!

I hope I die today, just so I can have "Shit On Me" played at my funeral!

I saw sister Double Happiness open for Nirvana...Gary Floyd is a fantastic singer...

one of the most intense, fun shows I ever saw was the Meat Puppets in a tiny tiny ass bar in Flagstaff, AZ...we were crammed up right in their face, no stage...band was about 2 inches from the audience and everyone was going apeshit...man, that was a good time.

• Nirvana's version of "D-7" may just be better than the original.

• Can you imagine if Kurt Cobain hadn't died, where Nirvana / Cobain would be today? I think chances are, it would not be pretty.

I would imagine that in the intervening years, they would've broken up and done their spotty solo albums. By now, they would have reunited and have been touring and raking in money. Where do you all think they would be now?

I do think the death definitely adds to their catalogs cachet. Affects the way you hear it. Also, the way you hear it can't be tainted by subsequent crap.

Nevermind came out when I was a 17 year old freshman in college - living away from home for the first time. I think that was perfect timing. Fond memories. Soundtrack to my first semester.

I'm pretty sure if I was a 17 year old college freshman now, the soundtrack to my semester would be Linkin Park, Nickelback, etc. Or probably pop hip hop and R&B. We didn't have that back then.

Undoubtedly, 16 years from now, people will be reminiscing mistily about Linkin Park. The golden era of Lil Wayne.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

I was a Nirvana fan from the gitgo. So I had an OG Lovebuzz 7" and some others. Sold. Cha-ching! Highway robbery. I found a copy of that Nirvana/Jesus Lizard split 7 in the sleeve of my Nevermind the other day. You want that?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Can you imagine if Kurt Cobain hadn't died, where Nirvana / Cobain would be today? I think chances are, it would not be pretty.

I would imagine that in the intervening years, they would've broken up and done their spotty solo albums. By now, they would have reunited and have been touring and raking in money. Where do you all think they would be now?

???It's better to burn out than fade away."

as said in his "suicide" note. and that is a whole notha subject of its own.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I haven't listened to Nirvana in years but I'll always have good memories of seeing them live a few times and just living in Seattle in the mid 90's was a magical time.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

I was a Nirvana fan from the gitgo. So I had an OG Lovebuzz 7" and some others. Sold. Cha-ching! Highway robbery. I found a copy of that Nirvana/Jesus Lizard split 7 in the sleeve of my Nevermind the other day. You want that?

check pm's.

• ???It's better to burn out than fade away."

Kurt Cobain's Suicide Letter vs. Google Ads

• Can you imagine if Kurt Cobain hadn't died, where Nirvana / Cobain would be today? I think chances are, it would not be pretty.

You would get something like the Foo Fighters.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    crazy how i just had an intense head to head about 'grunge' v. 'metal' with a dood 3 years older than me. i think i won when i played him aneurysm.

re: elise

your avatar makes me hungry.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    ???It's better to burn out than fade away."

so sad.

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts
    I was just hearing nirvana in a friend's car the other day, and noticing how "backwoods hick" a lot of cobains vocals were. don't know why i had never heard the twang before.

"I found it hard, hard to find, oh well, whatever, nevermind"

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Does anyone have 12" singles by Nirvana? I have Teen Spirit and Lithium--both 45 RPM 12s.

THEY SOUND REEEEEEETARDED!!!

I would love to get some of the In Utero stuff on 12".

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

re: elise

your avatar makes me hungry.

it is cornbread poundcake with vanilla poached pears and candied rosemary:

I am making that shit tonight!!!!! Finally got some freetime!