solstrut.com

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
NSFWhttp://solstrut.com/Is this old news?

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    safari can't find server

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The page cannot be displayed

• chasechase 767 Posts
    The page cannot be displayed

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts
    Methinks you're infected with spy/ad-ware.

Check this out if you're running Windows. It will most likely take care of the problem.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Check this out if you're running Windows. It will most likely take care of the problem.

This is safe? I want to get rid of spyware. Why doesn't AVG do this for me?

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts
    That program is absolutely safe, though it is a bit more technical than a few other of the anti-spybot software out there. I use strictly Linux and Apple personally, but when I'm working on Windows machines, I always use that program to help me clear the garbage out.

Many malicious virii carry similar "fingerprints" to "good" programs and generally these fingerprints are what these types of programs use to discern "good" and "bad." The companies that design these anti-virus/spyware programs had to rein back a little when they realized they were knocking out necessary programs as well as the malicious ones. Virus and bot programmers got wise to this as well.

Spybot-S&D looks more at mechanisms than fingerprints, which is often, in my personal experience, a more effective approach.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    That program is absolutely safe, though it is a bit more technical than a few other of the anti-spybot software out there. I use strictly Linux and Apple personally, but when I'm working on Windows machines, I always use that program to help me clear the garbage out.

Many malicious virii carry similar "fingerprints" to "good" programs and generally these fingerprints are what these types of programs use to discern "good" and "bad." The companies that design these anti-virus/spyware programs had to rein back a little when they realized they were knocking out necessary programs as well as the malicious ones. Virus and bot programmers got wise to this as well.

Spybot-S&D looks more at mechanisms than fingerprints, which is often, in my personal experience, a more effective approach.

Does cleaning out my cookies do the same thing?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Does cleaning out my cookies do the same thing?

I defer to Zeke's obvious mastery of the subject, but no, I doubt deleting cookies will do anything to help your problem.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

If spybot is activated the page (solstrut) should be displayed?

That doesn??t work in my case. Please to clarify, maybe I am just