Moving Strut

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I'm in the process of moving and I need some advice on how to move my vinyl. I'm having movers put them in storage and I'm not sure how to pack them. Any suggestions?

Comments

• tirefiretirefire 203 Posts
    I'm in the process of moving and I need some advice on how to move my vinyl. I'm having movers put them in storage and I'm not sure how to pack them. Any suggestions?

The Uhaul "Small Box."

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

The Uhaul "Small Box."

they were made for records.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    just for the sake of versatility- the metal rimmed milk crates. they stack pretty high without sagging (like the non-metal rimmed ones) and have handles. I don't think there's much else you can ask for when moving something as bulky as a record collection. If you're planning on packing and sealing, look around for the boxes which have inside dimesnions of 13-13.5" all the way around. (hint, try wine boxes, if you got a trader joe's or something around, you can usually go out back and find a shit ton of charles shaw empty boxes) and go to a foam shop and pick up some cheap-o 1/4-3/8" scrap to pack them into the boxes.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

The Uhaul "Small Box."

they were made for records.

i cosign the cosign. i keep the boxes i get at u-haul and always have to buy a few more whenever i move. they're perfect for records.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    The Uhaul "Small Box" it is then. Thank you one and all!

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
    The Uhaul "Small Box" it is then. Thank you one and all!

yeah the dimensionas 16" x 12" x 12"

US$1.70 too

UHAUL site for the box.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Tony,

I don't know where you live but call around to other bulk, discount box stores. When I moved, I was able to get them at $1 each rather than uhaul's 1.70. If you only need 10-20, it may not matter but I needed 100 so I went for what was cheaper. Check craigslist too if you have one in your city.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    Tony,

I don't know where you live but call around to other bulk, discount box stores. When I moved, I was able to get them at $1 each rather than uhaul's 1.70. If you only need 10-20, it may not matter but I needed 100 so I went for what was cheaper. Check craigslist too if you have one in your city.

Thanks- i'm in LA- anyone know a place for bulk rate?