Noel Gallagher Hates Hip Hop

gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
edited June 2005 in Music Talk
Noel Gallagher: I fucking despise hip hop. Loathe it. Eminem is a fucking idiot and I find 50 Cent the most distasteful character I have ever crossed in my life. It's so negative. Eminem's new song about his kid - isn't it the most ridiculous piece of music you have ever heard in your life? I just don't like the dragging women around on dog leads and all that stuff. I'm not fucking having that.David Walliams: I don't really get it either. I suppose it's a fantasy that some people have...Noel Gallagher: I'm not saying they're directly responsible but that's how you end up with these fuckin' gangs of youths with hoods stabbing people. I'm not saying they need to sit around listening to 'All You Need is Love'. But kids are so fuckin' thick these days that they are very easily influenced, aren't they?David Walliams: What do you put that down to?Noel Gallagher: I think it's a sign of parents being idiots.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Take that (back) to okayplayer.com, son.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    I'm not saying they're directly responsible but that's how you end up with these fuckin' gangs of youths with hoods stabbing people.

or

Hmmmm....

Actually that's an easy answer you hairy-eared, wooden-toothed Cecil Rhodes-disciple maufucka...

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

Actually that's an easy answer you hairy-eared, wooden-toothed Cecil Rhodes-disciple maufucka...

So you like the Brits, huh?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Odd... Noel usually has such nice things to say about other musicians.

"Nothing bothers me more than when groups like Pearl Jam and Nirvana whine and moan and complain about life and being famous. Let me tell you, being famous is great! The feeling when someone asks you for an autograph, unbelieveable! I just think Americans are tired of people telling them how crap their lives are. I think when people listen to our music, we tell them how good their lives could be. I guess I just can't understand the thoughts of Eddie Vedder or that whole bit... I mean, lad, if you hate your job so much, why don't you fuckin' go work at a car wash or McDonald's or something?"

"The songs speak for themselves. They don't need for us to go run up or down the stage like Guns N' Roses. We know our strenghts and weaknesses. We're not showmen, we're musicians." (on Oasis' rather static stage demeanor)

"With every song that I write, I compare it to the Beatles. The thing is, they only got there before me. If I'd been born at the same time as John Lennon, I'd have been up there."

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    who?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    thinly-veiled racism aside, I'm all for going back to the times when rock artists were all "rap is crap"... rock was better back when they didn't try mixing elements of rap in...

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    who?
    who?
    who?
    who?
    who?
    who?
    who?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    who?
    who?
    who?
    who?
    who?
    who?
    who?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    who?

"I'm Noel Gallagher [Who] Noel Gallagher the one and only you can't clone me
    Got a lot a tossers* and a lot of laddies**, some are maties*** and some are wankers****"

*haters
    **homies
    ***friends
    ****phonies

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I guess I just can't understand the thoughts of Eddie Vedder or that whole bit... I mean, lad, if you hate your job so much, why don't you fuckin' go work at a car wash or McDonald's or something?"

Gotta admit, I like that line...

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    HA HA HA! Mad about people being negative!!!! HA HA HA!!!!! Have you ever listen to yourself Noel? How many times has he called someone a cunt!!!!

Plus dude has a nasty unibrow!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Noel Gallagher also called George Harrison "a fuckin' nipple" but he pronounced it nip-POH.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I think Noel has been reading too many "what's wrong with hip hop today" threads...

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    also:

"We've only got half a dozen good bands in England :There's Oasis and there's five Oasis tribute bands."

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    who?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    who?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    "THIS is what happens to motherfuckers who steal my three-note flute compositions!"

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

FIVE STARS!

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Noel Gallagher: I fucking despise hip hop. Loathe it. Eminem is a fucking idiot and I find 50 Cent the most distasteful character I have ever crossed in my life.

Fair enough Noel.... both of those are rap by the way.

• gibla74gibla74 182 Posts
    I've never liked Oasis. I lose instant respect for any musician who totally dismisses hip hop, it's complete ignorance.

However I can understand why people feel this way . If I didn't have a hip hop background & experienced it now for the first time only through the mainstream media I'd probably have a very different view of it.

I don't hate on contempory hip hop nor am I a backpacker nor am I stuck in the daisy age but there's
    alot of shit out there that turns me off. Everyone seems too scared to call it how it is (especially on here).

I don't think that hip hop is to blame for our increasingly violent world but Why is Noel racist for worrying about the "negative stereotypes" ? There's plenty of respected black people who also worry about the imagery & content in hip hop, are they racist too? Of course hip hop has some influence on it's audience & of course artists have some responsibility for what they put out .

also:

"We've only got half a dozen good bands in England :There's Oasis and there's five Oasis tribute bands."

Are these guys known outside UK? The bassist Lewis is from my home town..
    http://www.littlebarrie.com/discography.cfm

Little Barrie are damn good.

• kilogramkilogram 152 Posts

Little Barrie are damn good.

yup. is their album out yet?
    i had a cd of it but only listened to the first few songs and then lost it.
    looking forward to it.
    their old 45s on stark reality (jazzman sublabel) are great.

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    me too..... I must admit that I don't like hip hop

(but I still post on soul strut near on daily basis ....)

..anyway Noel is angry because he is in the twilight years of his stardom.. reality

...but in a certain "way" I agree with what he said abt Eminem and 50 cent....and however I always found amusing his "fuck everybody" attitude over the years

Yeah LP has been out for a while. Its definitely worth getting.

I managed to get the Memories Well / Didn't Mean A Thing on Stark Reality, but the rest sold out. The 45s they've released on Genuine since then are pretty darn good too.

Thinking On The Mind is a nice mellow track.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Noel Gallagher: I fucking despise hip hop. Loathe it. Eminem is a fucking idiot and I find 50 Cent the most distasteful character I have ever crossed in my life.

Fair enough Noel.... both of those are rap by the way.

Are you implying a difference between "rap" and "hip hop" ???

• ericeric 155 Posts
    I don't like oasis but what he said is true, eminem is a cunt,50 is steroids dumbass.to me eminem and 50 is not hiphop music, it's POP.

Those kind of person are reference for kid's, i don't want my child to grow with that kind of shit.

Now these day's it's all about: how i deal drugs,guns,bitches,i got a bigger watch then you ,i wear more gold........silly thing's, in each video there's a ton of half naked women that look like whore.

Fuck that, if this is hiphop, i quit right now.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Now these day's it's all about how i deal drugs,guns,drug dealing,rape,i got a bigger watch then you ,i wear more gold........silly thing's, in each video there's a ton of half naked women that look like whore.

If by these days you mean since like 15 years ago or more....

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Now these day's it's all about how i deal drugs,guns,drug dealing,rape,i got a bigger watch then you ,i wear more gold........silly thing's, in each video there's a ton of half naked women that look like whore.

• ericeric 155 Posts
    yeah,back in the day's, you can never see a NWA clip on mtv (except in yo mtv rap, that was very late at night)at this timeit was underground, now it's mainstream it's like non stop, from am to pm , on tv and radio
    There's positive hiphop, but no one care , because there's no bitch in it.
    ...maybe i'm getting old........
    I hate what's happening, hip hop self destruction.
    They flood the world until people get faded,.....then forgot about it.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    NWA was hardly underground...try a crossover success.