Terrible TV Themes (Unbearable-R)

UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I am genuinely interested to hear what TV theme songs drive you guys crazy.But I started this thread to bitch about the theme for ENTOURAGE.Is this the worst piece of crap tv theme ever, it goes for like 4 minutes, 2 and 1/2 of which are either "yeah YEAH" or "ohw YEAH!!!"This song is such a steaming pile, i can never watch this show not on demand, or i may literally take my own life. The show kinda sucks now anyway, but at one point it was entertaining, despite the torturous intro ..

Comments

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    on a related note.......... i saw an ad for entourage about a year ago that used a loop from Power of Zeus, and not the Sorcerer of Isis braek. haven't heard the actual theme though.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Going back to BITD, we had "air/antenna" TV only with the antenna in the backyard and one TV with the turn dial channel. My sister and I would fight (literally fight, she is 6 years older than me) over Little House on the Prairie. That theme song would come on with the little girl running down the hill and my house would turn into WWF getting to the dial on the TV. I'm now mad cool with the song though, it brings back amusing memories like this one.

Theme songs that suck ass:
    Frazier (sic?) (along with the show, Kelsey Grammer is a dildo, it was fun to see him fall off that stage)
    Honeymooners
    I Love Lucy

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I am genuinely interested to hear what TV theme songs drive you guys crazy.

But I started this thread to bitch about the theme for ENTOURAGE.

Is this the worst piece of crap tv theme ever, it goes for like 4 minutes, 2 and 1/2 of which are either "yeah YEAH" or "ohw YEAH!!!"

This song is such a steaming pile, i can never watch this show not on demand, or i may literally take my own life. The show kinda sucks now anyway, but at one point it was entertaining, despite the torturous intro ..

MASSIVE.

...seriously, THE worst.

I makes me shiver just thinking about it.
    "I wanna be your super heeeero"

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    Sanford & Son

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Sanford & Son

That intro is dawg!

• cant stand this one... thankfully it's taken out of syndication here.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

here are a few below that i like.
    barnaby jones

welcome back kotter

baretta

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    entourage was the first thing i thought of when i saw this thread.

speaking of, last night's episode was at least twice as good as any episode from the entire last season/last 8 episodes.
    but i think most of the music they've used from the first two seasons has been on point with the tone of the show and their audience. some new rap, fun old school stuff, good rock tunes... but they started using new supervisors for this season so it'll be interesting to see how the music changes. for example the end credits for last nights episode had a way different tone than what would have come before.

• The "Friends" theme song is hot white bread garbage.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    The theme from M.A.S.H. makes me angry.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Not because the song is bad, but because the show sucks so bad and it brings ill will widdit.

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
    cant stand this one... thankfully it's taken out of syndication here.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

here are a few below that i like.
    barnaby jones

welcome back kotter

baretta

man I love the theme to Baretta. I have one of those TV theme records from the 70's and the version of Baretta theme on there is soo fucking funky and the drums are hittin. I actually played it out a couple times when I DJ'ed at a couple different funk / soul / hiphop parties.

• Options
    Charles in Charge.

That old show on the Playboy channel called Electric Blue, I used to watch it through the lines on the tv when I pressed 3 and 7 together on the box; it had the corniest theme song but I saw some titties once in awhile.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    The theme from The Courtship Of Eddie's Father sucks like a vacuum cleaner.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Charles in Charge.

That old show on the Playboy channel called Electric Blue, I used to watch it through the lines on the tv when I pressed 3 and 7 together on the box; it had the corniest theme song but I saw some titties once in awhile.