Yo...

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
... REALLY THOUGH, What the fuck IS BLACK CHICKEN?

Comments

• ... REALLY THOUGH, What the fuck IS BLACK CHICKEN?

Got me buggin... I remember it took me hella long to warm up to blue tortilla chips.

http://timworstall.typepad.com/timworstall/2007/06/black_chicken.html

Black Chicken
    There's yet another surprise coming out of the Chinese larder: black chicken. A chicken with white feathers and black bones, skin and meat, it's hailed as being healthier than the regular bird as a result of the high levels of anti-oxidants:

BLACK chicken was unveiled as a new form of "super-food" yesterday, after researchers found that the traditional ingredient in Chinese medicine has high levels of a natural anti-oxidant.

Black-bone silky fowl, which have black skin, meat and bones but snow-white feathers, have been used as a "folk invigorant" in China for 1,000 years. Now Chinese food scientists have confirmed they contain high levels of a substance called carnosine. This is a powerful anti-oxidant and is taken in supplement form in the West to improve muscle strength and alleviate the effects of ageing, autism and diabetes.

Chicken is known as a source of carnosine, but it was found that black-bone silky fowl had twice as much of the substance as ordinary breeds.

Here's what a carcass of a black chicken looks like.

Now, I'm willing to believe that there's something interesting about the flavour of a black chicken, over and above the colour scheme, but alleviates the effects of ageing, autism and diabetes?

No, I think we'll have to award a few DMWUs* there, say five or so.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    No, I think we'll have to award a few DMWUs* there, say five or so.

Que?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Plaese to report to the TOP CHEF 3 thread.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

He's the latest production sensation from Detroit.