i think i pink eye

djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
what does the soulstrut community know about pink eye? let me tell ya whats going on...woke up early this morning with one eye crusty.the eye is bloodshot.chunky white discharge.swollen area around the eye.stingy when i touch anywhere around it.pretty much sucks ass.any thoughts?

Comments

• Very likely that you have pink eye. I advise you go to your doctor and get some medicated eye wipes. You will be able to wipe down the infected area and it will sooth the stinging. Another tip is to soak a face cloth in warm water and hold it to your eye. The warmer the cloth, the better. Hold the cloth up to your eye for as long as you can and it will draw out the infection. These tips will help ypu feel better. But make sure to see your doctor. Pink eye can spread so be careful. you don't want to give it to someone else.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Cue "Knocked Up" joke right here.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    If it's true conjunctivitis, it's viral and there is little you can do except remove the crust, wash your hands and wait it out. There are bacterial strains as well which can be treated with eye drop antibiotics--either way it's one of those things that usually clears up. It's not super dangerous--just a pain in the ass (eye). You just want to be diligent about washing hands and not spreading it because it's highly a highly contagious pain in the ass.
    IMG SRC="http://medicine.ucsd.edu/clinicalimg/eyes-conjunctivitis.jpg" WIDTH=300>

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Cue "Knocked Up" joke right here.

"Now THAT'S how you get pink eye!"