pro tools le 6.4 ??? (any who knows protools)

francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
i've been using this for years now. sometimes my editing functions get out of wack, maybe from hitting a wrong button, or accidentally reseting the link edit and timeline option. i've learned to keep the TIMELINE SELECTIONS BOX (the right box of the three squares at top left on screen) selected, and leave the other two deselected. now, even with that setting i'm experiencing problems with my cursor and my selections.1) when i play a track and then stop, my cursor starts where it left off in the track, instead of returing to the initial starting point. 2) i will make a selection and then play it to make sure i have a good loop. after stopping the playback, the selection disappears. the selection is supposed to stay selected. anyone know what is wrong?------my current setting are:timeline selections box selected (right box out of three boxes, located just above the bars beats, min secs area)OPERATIONS MENU: selected are:auto input monitorpre-post roll playbackloop playbackpre meter fadingSCROLLING set to no auto scroll.PREFERENCES/OPERATIONS:selected are:timeline insertion follows playbacksends default to INFlatch record enable buttonslatch solo buttonslink mix and edit group enableslink record and play fadersPLEASE ANYONE HELP, i'm dying over here.

Comments

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    someone please help

my nuts are in the sand

• ExtraExtraExtraExtra 209 Posts
    no help but something similar happens to me every once in a while when working on my G4. However, this never happened to me when working on windows.

I usually just have to restart the program.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    "N" on the keyboard

paypal or records to whoever can sort me!

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    I'm on my way over ...

• "N" on the keyboard
    yes
    (while in command focus mode)

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

timeline insertion follows playback

um...
    records

UNHEARD MENTALITY gets it

you got all the Lotus Land joints?

pm me with your address dude i wll honor this.

-----

sorry "n" didn't help, maybe it would've worked i'm not up on the codes.

sorry "command focus mode" didn't show up in the PDF manual search.