HELP-Getting feedback when computer is hooked up..

IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Okay got a new laptop computer and finally going to record and then when I hook up the usb cable I get feedback/interference coming out of the monitors??? If sombody could help me out I would really apperciate it, this straight sucks finally get some time to record and now this.... I tried turning off the wireless but didn't work.... aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Comments

• are you tryin to record in microwave? what program?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Is your laptop connected to an audio interface/mixer? If so, when you record into your laptop, make sure you turn the monitor option to 'off' so that your monitoring audio straight from the interface. If it's set to any other setting, then you'll get feedback.

good luck.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    I'm using M-Audio Audiofile I turned off all the power except for the monitors and computer as soon as I plug in the usb I get this frequncy buzzing pretty loud even the audiofile is off weird... I have no clue my other computer was working fine but this is really bugging me....

I'm using M-Audio Audiofile I turned off all the power except for the monitors and computer as soon as I plug in the usb I get this frequncy buzzing pretty loud even the audiofile is off weird... I have no clue my other computer was working fine but this is really bugging me....
    I use the same interface. I don't know if this will help but here's my setup:
    -MacBook
    -Audiophile USB Interface
    -1x1200 Technics turntable
    -Vestax 06 pro mixer
    -Generic stereo

The line input in the mixer is connected to the line output in the interface.
    The line input in the interface is connected to the line output (main out 1 or 2) in the mixer.
    The second main out is then connected to the stereo (in your case it would be the monitors).

Also, make sure that the Audiophile is turned on and connected to your computer before you turn on your computer. You should be set after this. If not, holla back and hopefully someone will set you straight.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Just before I was about to throw my new laptop accross the room I heard the humming/frequency noise from my laptop my freakin laptop is making the noise so when I plug in the USB it gets amplified through the monitors??? So my question is How would I fix that since it's my computer making that noise?

I have bluetooth, webcam and everything on this thing what can I do fix this need Super Strutter help here...

Just before I was about to throw my new laptop accross the room I heard the humming/frequency noise from my laptop my freakin laptop is making the noise so when I plug in the USB it gets amplified through the monitors??? So my question is How would I fix that since it's my computer making that noise?

I have bluetooth, webcam and everything on this thing what can I do fix this need Super Strutter help here...
    Check the mic levels on your laptop.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

Symin was right with my recording issues recently:

change the default audio input in your main sound prefernces from 'built in (mic)' to external, or whatever the input options are on your laptop. I was just getting feedback from the internal mic being on and recording at super high volume.

Symin was right with my recording issues recently:

change the default audio input in your main sound prefernces from 'built in (mic)' to external, or whatever the input options are on your laptop. I was just getting feedback from the internal mic being on and recording at super high volume.

Alice just explained what I've trying to say ever since last night.
    Now you should be good.