For Hoops Heads Only!!

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
The best basketball player you never heard of just turned 16 years old.Is a Sophmore at Aldine Nimitz High School just outside Houston.Measured this week at 6:7 with a size 16 shoe, doctors claim 6:10-6:11 is the likely height this player will grow to.Been dunking for a few years now, one hand, two hands and backwards.You WILL be hearing about this player in the future.Meet Brittney Griner......http://www.thedailyreel.com/spotlight/sports/archive/2007/03/30/66-britney-griner

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    The backwards dunk has always been my favorite.

-e

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

"That's a HUGE bitch!"

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    While y'all are at, my wife's nephew in Augusta is definitely no joke...

North Augusta junior Bryan Narcisse also placed second in the high jump with a leap of 6 feet, 6 inches. He actually tied for the highest jump, but placed second under tiebreaker rules of most previous misses in the event on Saturday. Narcisse is an unique story: He was the school's best baskeball player, and won several slam-dunk contests. Narcisse was recruited by Strickland for track and nearly won a state championship after only three months of track experience in his life.

Said Strickland: "Talking to other coaches, I'm sure there were kids that have been doing this event since the seventh or eighth grade and were very disappointed to finish third or lower. I mean, Bryan has only been doing this three months, which is incredible. He has so much natural ability and athleticism. If he really dedicates himself to training, he could easily win it all next year."

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The backwards dunk has always been my favorite.

-e

Backwards dunk?

b/w

That chick is like a mix of Joachim Noah and Tracy McGrady or some shit.

Finally! Got me some new kicks to play in.

Air Max Tempos (the original). $70 on Finishline.

Fuck the functionality for a second, these shoes are ugly!

• Fuck the functionality for a second, these shoes are ugly!

i'd rock those...maaybe..id have to try em on first...id def. ball in em though

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

You WILL be hearing about this player in the future.

Meet Brittney Griner......

finally, a girl who can throw it down properly. i'd like to see a female who can hang with the fellas, but after playing with some former college players and even a former pro chick who scored 100 points in a high school game, i think a great wnba player is, at best, on the level of a mediocre division III male college bball player. at best!

• oh..and about Brittany..I cant wait to see more of her. She's dope!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Fuck the functionality for a second, these shoes are ugly!

vandals are dope as shit. one of the best hoop shoes of all time. and that colorway is sick

Where is Batmon?

My gag reflex kicked in when I looked at those Vandals. Seriously.