how worried should i be about this?

2»

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    It seems like the only way to change people's behaviour and hopefully, eventually, their attitudes, is to make them pay for it.[/b]

so youre saying we should assassinate people????
    i'm down, but who!!!

just kidding.

kindof

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It seems like the only way to change people's behaviour and hopefully, eventually, their attitudes, is to make them pay for it.[/b]

so youre saying we should assassinate people????
    i'm down, but who!!!

just kidding.

kindof

lol - i meant $$$, but uh, I'll show you my list if you show me yours.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Japan is 70% forest because they took very early action against deforestation.

They also use bamboo far more than we do. Bamboo's renewability and strength trumps wood on nearly every level.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    what are the forests like out there injapan? wild? national parks? golf courses?

frank, the whole bleak picture of africa and the third world is so real. of course, changing peoples habits and appealing to their conscience aint ever gonna work. hard enough to get it going out here in the states, let alone gabon. leverage needs to be put on factories, up and down the line...from industrial waste byproducts to the plastic bag manufacturers. everything needs to be able to break down as rapidly as an apple core with no detrimental effects. shit,packaging should be organic material that would benefit a garden! thats all i can think of.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    what are the forests like out there injapan? wild? national parks? golf courses?

One I visited an hour from the city looked like this, after the storm. I'm sure there are plenty of wild forests though. Humidity is high and there's a LOT of plant life; moss and all that shit that only grows under humid conditions. It was significantly more "lush" than the hikes I've done in California.

view from above

small fresh water crabs and shit

small temple on the way to the top