Barış Man??o - 2023

bropsbrops 182 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Man, I just downloaded this, and it's so great. Turkish prog/psych from mid 70s, probably not too easy to find in the record shop if it's not repressed (not sure, just discovered it). Anyway, just listen to this (the mid part and end) and this (the intro).Would a non-pro digger able to actually find these goodies in the crates? I bought the Selda record from Finders Keepers, which is also really good, and now I want more of this.

Comments

• bropsbrops 182 Posts

• Baris Manco is great turkish psych, Found this from a guy who owns the bodega next to my work, I came in one day and he was watching bollywood flicks, Next thing you know i'm upstairs above the store lookin through some really old stinky boxes. I believe this one is Baris Manco related, he was the drummer for him at least so i'm told. Taken off the 45 i found see if you like the mooooooooooooooog.

aside

bside

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    The 2023 lp runs around $100 when I've seen it at shows. I think it's a bit cheesy with it's synth sounds, but I respect the appeal of the record. I think Manco is more progressive then anything, but still a good artist. If you like that and Selda, you might want to try Cem Karaca who IMO bests them both. 3 El Hur is also dope, as is Group Bunalim, Erik Koray and Edip Akbayram if you want some funky rock sounding music. Of course Mogular since they produced Selda, but I never really took to their lp's. I had the one Dilla sampled but I sold it because it never grew on me. I think Selda is better then Mogular, but I think people will have different opinions on that.

Try this link (with sound samples) of a lost recording. This 10" is getting hard to find actually even though it's pretty new;

http://www.destur.org

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

I remember a few years back when it felt like I was one of the only cats up on alot of this music. It's crazy now that so many people have all this knowledge, and learning alot of information about shit that would take forever to find anything about.

http://psychevanhetfolk.homestead.com/TurkishProgressive.html

This site was my guide.

Baris Manco is my shit. 21 Peron is my shit. Selda is undeniable.

- spidey