Need info bout "latin kaleidoscope" francy-boland

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
heythe secondhand store in my city has a decent minty copy of this record up for sale, asking price is about 70$. question: what does the label look like? it`s not this one: it looks like the older mps pressings, but the typical MPS "tree" logo is missing. here`s the look of the logo from another mps record. never seen this mps logo - what pressing is it?

Comments

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    yo, what??s up

first picture is a MPS France pressing.
    the OG German pressing should have a label as shown in the second picture with the number MPS 15213 ST. The record is from the late 60s, so it??s still the old dark pink MPS label and it should be an OG. there is also a later early 70s issue with the red MPS/BASF label.
    What do you mean with the typical old MPS tree logo?

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    The original pressing of this is from italy on Campi. Successively repressed on MPS.

I don't know about going rate on this, I found my copy in the wild, the only interesting record out of tens of thousands in the middle of a desert.

• The original pressing of this is from italy on Campi. Successively repressed on MPS.

I don't know about going rate on this, I found my copy in the wild, the only interesting record out of tens of thousands in the middle of a desert.

as far as i know, the going rates are as roughly as follows:

campi = silly $$
    first / later mps pressingings = $40-55 / $20-$30
    polydor uk press = $20ish

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    thanks for the info guys. piedpiper, hows berlin recordshopping these days?

d.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    campi = silly $$

Thanks for the info. How much is silly? Just curious. I'm probably going to keep mine, but might be persuaded... hehe

thanks for the info guys. piedpiper, hows berlin recordshopping these days?

d.

there??s a new bimonthly record fair and I found two more stores recently.

however, I would not drop so much $$$ on this record. I am pretty sure that you can find it for less.

• campi = silly $$

Thanks for the info. How much is silly? Just curious. I'm probably going to keep mine, but might be persuaded... hehe

If a less interesting title goes for this - you do the math

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    it looks like the older mps pressings, but the typical MPS "tree" logo is missing.

You're confusing it with pre-MPS Saba, I think.

• From my knowledge, the original first pressing is the German one, this great session was recorded in Cologne.
    I never head before that the Campi italian issue was the original, can you give more details about this info please ?

I am not sure if Original and reissue are the correct terms in this context as the first MPS pressing was released in 1969. Campi was the producer for the four sessions released in the series and had a contract with MPS.