RAR files...how the hell do I listen to them????

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I DLed that new Kanye mixtape, but its a Rar file. What the hell do I need to do to listen to it? Please help. I really want to check this tape out. Thank you very much.

Comments

• rar = zip.

unpack the files using winrar, a quick google'll lead ya to their site where you can d/l the program.

• ahhh okay. Thanks a million.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I DLed that new Kanye mixtape, but its a Rar file. What the hell do I need to do to listen to it? Please help. I really want to check this tape out. Thank you very much.

Download WinRAR - you should be able to find it easily enough, and I'd rather not link to some of the sites where you can download it via Google, as they can be a bit dodgy. A .rar file is kinda like a zip file.

• I DLed that new Kanye mixtape, but its a Rar file. What the hell do I need to do to listen to it? Please help. I really want to check this tape out. Thank you very much.

Download WinRAR - you should be able to find it easily enough, and I'd rather not link to some of the sites where you can download it via Google, as they can be a bit dodgy. A .rar file is kinda like a zip file.

ok, I DLed WinRar and selected the Kanye folder. It listed all the tracks but I really am not sure what to do now? What do I need to do to convert them to regular mp3 files once all of the tracks are listed in the main box in WinRar? Sorry for sounding like a complete dumbass, but I have always stayed away from Rar files because I wasnt sure how to use them. I know what the whole process is when dealing with Zip files..normally I just unzip them and POOF, they magically appear ready to listen to,burn onto CD,whatever. Granted I didnt go through the Help folder in WinRar, but I just figured you guys might be able to explain it a little easier and faster. Sooo...what do I do once I have all the tracks listed in the WinRar box?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Click the Extract To button and it will dump all of the mp3s to the folder you select.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Select all the files & jus right click. Select extract to, make or find a folder where u wanna put em & extract all the tracks there.

• oh ok, I think I got it...I extracted them already but didnt realize it. Thanks a lot. Mods, feel free to delete this thread if ya want.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    fyi, download.com is a pretty safe and legit download site for software like this, for future reference. also, even easier than clicking extract in winrar, you can simply open the archive file, click, and drag the folder out of there into whatever folder you want to keep it in (My Documents or My Music or some other folder) and it will automatically extract to the desired location. Nice and easy.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Just to add. It will ask you to pay after awhile.

You don't have to. You can continue to use it for free after the trial.

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    rar is a lossless audiophile codec. it won't work on macs and you need at least two ISA slots and 600k conventional memory free.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    rar is a lossless audiophile codec. it won't work on macs and you need at least two ISA slots and 600k conventional memory free.
    this is wrong, right?

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    this is wrong, right?

I think he was trying to be funny.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    this is wrong, right?

I think he was trying to be funny.