Me & Tittsworth interviewed on MTV (video related)

ayresayres 1,452 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
A producer from MTV Canada asked us to be on MTV Live, the Canadian version of TRL, when we went up to DJ in Toronto a few weeks ago. So we went on and they interviewed us about The Rub and had us make a track "from scratch" on a sampler (they wanted something visual). The producer told us to dumb everything down so an eight year old could understand it. Video cameras make me freeze up, but it went by super fast and it didn't come out too embarassing. Anyhow feel free to clown.

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    A producer from MTV Canada asked us to be on MTV Live, the Canadian version of TRL, when we went up to DJ in Toronto a few weeks ago. So we went on and they interviewed us about The Rub and had us make a track "from scratch" on a sampler (they wanted something visual). The producer told us to dumb everything down so an eight year old could understand it. Video cameras make me freeze up, but it went by super fast and it didn't come out too embarassing. Anyhow feel free to clown.

Nah man, you guys did fine. I'm sure it will get easier every time.

I love hearing the word "tittsworth" on national TV.

PROPS.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I SPY SCHNIPPER?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Question, Ayres: where did you grow up?

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    this is AWESOME, Ayres!

• KidKKidK 119 Posts
    Kind of unrelated:

I'm digging this mix. Why is Bun B (still) saying free Pimp C? Was that drop recorded a couple years ago?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Ayres did that thing I sent work out or you?

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    haha. go ayres and titties!

congrats fellas, y'all are doing it.

was it at all awkward talking about samples that are used in tracks knowing that they're all mostly contraband?

ez.

kg.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Kind of unrelated:

I'm digging this mix. Why is Bun B (still) saying free Pimp C? Was that drop recorded a couple years ago?

That mix ain't new fella.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    damn the host kept on cutting you short and interrupting.

• as I said in the other post about this..congratulations guys..yall deserve all of this. Too bad Cosmo wasnt up on that piece though! Although I am sure their will be many more to come. Stay up Rubbers(no homo,no pervert,no trojan)!!!!!!!!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This is awesome! Haha, I'm in Toronto right now and some dude just stopped me on the street.

GOOOO big papa! My dudes!

• damn the host kept on cutting you short and interrupting.

That's cause Ayres speaks at the rate of a normal human and not at the rate of an MTV-something-new-has-to-happen-every-2-seconds-or-i'm-changing-the-channel-LOL-give-me-some-sugar 14 year old.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

Natchez, Mississippi

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Just in time...Tits is playing @ Firesotne tongiht....Im planning on throwing on some long ones so I can sneak outta the den and pep game.

• yeah, that host was a fucking idiot. Or at least plays one on TV..if that is the case, then he is a hell of an actor!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I like how you dudes threw some airhorns in at the end. Let's hear that Clinton Sparks gunshot next time.

Sorry I haven't caught up w/ either you or Cosmo when you've been here. Been very busy lately.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Natchez, Mississippi

Aw, c'mon! The correct answer is ON A FARM IN MISSISSIPPI.

• KidKKidK 119 Posts
    Kind of unrelated:

I guess I'm just for assuming anything labeled as June 4th 2007 would in fact be somewhat recent.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts

That's cause Ayres speaks at the rate of a normal human and not at the rate of an MTV-something-new-has-to-happen-every-2-seconds-or-i'm-changing-the-channel-LOL-give-me-some-sugar 14 year old.

True. That clip was around 3 and a half minutes long. If that were on TRL on US MTV it would have been cut down to about 15 seconds total and some kid would have been like "I wanna give a shout out."

Good work. you guys did well, didn't seem nervous at all.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

That's cause Ayres speaks at the rate of a normal human and not at the rate of an MTV-something-new-has-to-happen-every-2-seconds-or-i'm-changing-the-channel-LOL-give-me-some-sugar 14 year old.[/b]

props on the shine Ayres & Titties

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Kind of unrelated:

I guess I'm just for assuming anything labeled as June 4th 2007 would in fact be somewhat recent.

Understandable. Houston for Dummies is a CD that came out about a year and a half ago. You can buy it here http://www.djayres.com/mixtapes/store.htm#h4d or at Turn[/b]table Lab.

128K MP3 here: http://www.brooklynradio.net//20070604therub.mp3

Our weekly radio / mixtape show here -
    http://brooklynradio.net//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=48

Mixed by DJ Ayres and JD

01 Geto Boys ??? Balls And My Word (1988)
    02 Scarface & Devin the Dude ??? Southside: Houston, Texas (1998)
    03 UGK ??? Front, Back and Side to Side (1995)
    04 Big Mike - Playa Playa (1994)
    05 Scarface ??? Money and the Power (1991)
    06 Slim Thug & Chamillionaire - Still Tippin (2003)
    07 Z-Ro, Paul Wall & Lil Flip - From the South (2005)
    08 Lil Keke - Southside (1998)
    09 DJ DMD & Fat Pat ??? 25 Lighters (1998)
    10 Paul Wall & Chamillionaire ??? The Other Day (2002)
    11 Wreckshop Family ??? Power Up (2001)
    12 UGK ??? Murder (1996)
    13 Fat Pat - Tops Drop (1998)
    14 E.S.G. & Slim Thug - Getchya Hands Up (2001)
    15 Lil O ??? Back Back (2000)
    16 Tela & Devin the Dude - Drugs (2000)
    17 Raheem - 5th Ward (1992)
    18 Odd Squad ??? Fa Sho (1994)
    19 Scarface, Too Short & Devin the Dude - Fuck Faces (1998)
    20 Hawk (Screwed Up Click) ??? U Already Know (2003)
    21 Z-Ro, Juvenile & Devin The Dude ??? The Mule (2005)
    22 Slim Thug & Young Jeezy ??? Diamonds (Mannie Fresh Remix) (2005)
    23 UGK - Diamonds and Wood (1996)
    24 DJ DMD ft Al B & DJ Screw - So Real (1997)
    25 DJ Screw & Lil Keke - Pimp The Pen (2001)
    26 Paul Wall & Chamillionaire ??? N Love Wit My Money (2002)
    27 Bun B & Mddl Fngz - 4 In The Morning (2001)

• KidKKidK 119 Posts
    Party on, Garth.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

So focused.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Party on, Garth.

T-T-T-T-Totally Dude!