Flight of the Conchords (TVR)

jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I saw some previews on HBO for their new show. I had never heard of them but liked what i saw. I just finished watching their One Night Stand show and it was hilarious! They have some great bits and i laughed pretty much the whole time. Are these guys well known and im just on the last train to Conchordville?

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    they're not totally well-known but they've had some funny internet schitt going around for a few years now. I'd say you're only halfway disconnected on this one.

• ha..pretty funny. I actually saw the title "Flight of the Conchords" on the HBO On Demand guide, but didnt hit "info" to see what it was. Guess I should have. Looks like I have something to check out tonight.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I love these dudes, another top New Zealand musical export..... When I was flying to Europe last year their CD was one of the featured in-flight albums, funny as hell. One of the guys Bret McKenzie also played/plays in the Black Seeds.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Jemaine Clement of FOTC is also in this movie coming out called "Eagle vs. Shark" which looks pretty hilarious.
    They have some shows coming up in Philly, Seattle, NY and LA.

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
    Go the downunder Windy C-onnection... Wellington represent. Seriously.... these guys are frikin brilliant live. DO NOt MIss if you get the chance... saw the HBO preview on YT... it's doesn't do them justice at all. Try and track down the radio mock-umentary that aired on Radio NZ National... it was about a tour of the UK. Priceless - particularly anything to do with dating / ladies.

Random facts 1: Jermaine does a great Barry White rip off

Random facts 2: Brent was in LOTR... with big ears, long hair and wistful glance into te middle distance. NAGL

• chasechase 767 Posts
    they had the whole first episode of the new HBO show on myspace a few weeks back, I think they are

the HBO speical was pretty fucking funny too, I have never heard anyone really talk about them, I caught it on my HBO on demand

• That clip was pretty darn funny. I"ll check for the show now.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Yeah, they call me the Hiphopopotamus, my lyrics are bottomless...

• DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts
    So the show wasn't half bad, not great, but kinda funny. At least these dudes don't take themselves too seriously. The robot bit was funny, also the Fleetwood Mac love square: "though they recorded their best work during that time..."
    "Rumors"
    "no, it's all true"
    Now Lil Bush time

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    they performed at Bonnaroo this weekend and were pretty funny.

• DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts
    they performed at Bonnaroo this weekend and were pretty funny.
    Your Avatar is off the chain!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    the wife said its like one long killing my lobster skit. overall i liked the show. i think you lose a little something when they arent sitting on stools with guitars in their hands doing the back and forth with the audience. looking forward to the next show to see what happens.

most beautiful girl in the room:

"you could be a part-time... model"

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I finally got to the first episode on my Tivo. I really liked it, both my wife and I laughed a lot. It's pretty silly but I really liked the songs and videos. We'll see if the joke stays fresh until the end of the season.

By the way, for those who choose not to give HBO half their paycheck, the Flight of the Conchords video podcast has the entire first episode available free through the iTunes music store. I say check it out, I have a feeling a lot of you will find it to be pretty lame, but it might be amusing for some of us.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    the wife said its like one long killing my lobster skit. overall i liked the show. i think you lose a little something when they arent sitting on stools with guitars in their hands doing the back and forth with the audience. looking forward to the next show to see what happens.

most beautiful girl in the room:

"you could be a part-time... model"

"But you'd probably have to keep your other job..."

I caught this show completely by accident while on vacation in Disneyland. Watched the entire episode On Demand. Loved it. All three songs they had were killin it.

"I'm not cryin

I'm just cutting onions

Yeah, I'm making a lasagna"

Looking forward to more shows.

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    Yeah seems like a good show. Very easy to watch. Rob Brydon is apparently in two episodes as well YAY!

• Dude I'm so

Heard about these guys, saw them on Conan and saw the first ep online (FREE DL on iTunes. Do people on this forum use these things or keep it strictly wax?).

The breakup song is hilarious, with the cheesy soft rock '80s video aesthetic.

Who woulda thought the Outback Steakhouse guy was hilarious and talented? (No ghey)

Extras + FOTC + Entourage + The Wire - Sopranos (FINALLY!) = why you should not cancel your HBO. Or you can just go this site cause they're bound to have your fave show up for your viewing pleasure soon: http://tv-links.co.uk/index.do/1

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    yea. this shit is preety DAMN funny. kinda reminds me of the glory days of the state.

this is my fav so far.

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    I saw some previews on HBO for their new show. I had never heard of them but liked what i saw. I just finished watching their One Night Stand show and it was hilarious! They have some great bits and i laughed pretty much the whole time. Are these guys well known and im just on the last train to Conchordville?

I had seen previews for their HBO show too and said to myself that it looks stupid but after seeing their One Night Stand show last night as well, I'm going to give it a chance.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Just got home from seeing them live tonight at the opera house here in Seattle.

MAD FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great show. Plaese to not miss them if they play your town. They headlined a comedy festival and did a 1 hour 15 minute set. The two of them had a lot of funny dialogue and improv between the songs. Loved the show.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i will gladly take a late pass on this one. holy shit. i just watched the first couple episodes, and loved this show. these dudes are a riot. the manager is my favorite though. he reminds me of the British Michael Scott on the UK office.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    they play the El Rey here in LA on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it.