Do vegans hate ice cream?

Comments

• do vegan ho's swallow?

Make this question a sticky. Need this answered.

So..... nescessary!

In icreamthere lost of refined sugar. Vegans do not like refined sugar.
    Only natural (unheated) sugars like maple syrup.
    So unless the iscream comes with Maple syrup, vegans will pass.

(dont ask me how I know.. Or ask Qbert..)

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    go smother yourself in the foulest stinky cheeze and red meat
    sandwhich you can find,preferably on a bleached wheat white bread bun
    wash it down with a carbonated high fructose corn syrup cocoction of your choice ,eat a pint of hagen daz and drive that big SUV and into the sunset

i wish i could fit this all into my location

"city of philly" is close enough

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    Do Vegans dream of D??ner Kebap?

• Some vegans (you got different kinds of vegans)
    use tofu and marinade it to taste like meat.
    Maybe theres some recipe for tofu-donner-kebap?

Again, dont ask me how I know..

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Do Vegans dream of D??ner Kebap?

Only drunk people dream of Doner Kebab

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    Do drunk Vegans dream of D??ner then?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    yo i'm among some likeminded people on this thread.

kala too. although maybe to a less virulent extent.

but i'm vegetarian pretty much for environmental reasons. i dont want no part in monocropping, factory farming, toxic waste animal filth environmental disasters, chemical hormone infused meat, rain forest clear cutting, and all that other bullshit. that shit is an affront to nature/god/etc.
    i eat cheese, yogurt, eggs and an occasional ice cream, but i'm extremely picky about source, process and ingredients. yall motherfuckers eating cheez whiz....LOL. well, yall do your thing.

in one years time i'll have my chicken coop in the backyard. as soon as they stop laying eggs, i'll break my vegetarianism.

this shit is not about personal health, but more about voting for what kind of world you want to see down the line.

I was thinking about posting a lengthy monologue, but I guess I'm a little weary after years and years of having this exact same discussion with people IRL. And since I see that Mr. TDouble pretty much summed it up in the above, I'll just save my breath/keystrokes and on the above plus sentiments from JoeMojo, anasarcasm & Aser.

Is MikeSeaversNikes Dolo's henchman?

Wassup Dudes and Dudettes, there are many a few of us who walk the walk and don't have time for toys who spout reactionary crap about the environment and also the war shit. It's the fucking internet for crissakes.

I've said this at least 3 times before: vote with your wallet, it's the only vote you have. If you want to vote for factory farming, missile defence, and 128k DJs, go right ahead. It's very easy.

Or use your brain.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    IT TASTES BETTER.

Try some organic free range grass fed beef.

And then taste some of that regular stuff. Yeah, it tastes like paper.

I'll also ride for some Halal/Kosher beef.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

I have no idea but Doner means "Rhino leg" in Arabic!

How does one vote for/against missile defense with the wallet?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

Best veggie food in Germany!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    do vegan ho's swallow?

So..... nescessary!

Me thinks that if they don't, it probably has little to do with their politics around food and more just has to do with a distaste for semen.

A more common question is whether vegans support breastfeeding and in general, yeah, they do. A recent story though has confused people not in the know:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8P102RO0&show_article=1

Vegan couple whose baby starved to death on a diet of soy milk and apple juice. This story breaks your heart.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    do vegan ho's swallow?

So..... nescessary!

Me thinks that if they don't, it probably has little to do with their politics around food and more just has to do with a distaste for semen.

A more common question is whether vegans support breastfeeding and in general, yeah, they do. A recent story though has confused people not in the know:

Vegan couple whose baby starved to death on a diet of soy milk and apple juice. This story breaks your heart.

This sounds like two under-educated fools.

Some vegans are all into frying up the placenta and stuff

I once talked to a vegan who reckoned that Breatharianism was not a con. WTF!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breatharianism

[shushfool]anyone hear about that study linking swallowing to throat cancer?[/shushfool] PAP-related!

• CraigCraig 269 Posts

i couldn,t tell you as i don,t drink!

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Classic example of bullshit media sensationalism. That story had nothing to do with the couple being vegan; it had everything to do with the couple being complete fucking morons.

I've never met any vegans that were opposed to breastfeeding. Most are more likely to vehemently support[/b] breastfeeding as the more natural nutritional choice for children.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I always find dietary debates to be fascinating and revealing about our times on so many levels, but there are also an unbelievable number of trite, boring, reactionary arguments to wade through on both sides to get to the good stuff.

i don't understand why people feel the need to label as vegan/vegetarian/etc. be as health conscious as you like, i'm not mad at you for eating that ham sandwich. there is no asterisk next to your vegetarianism if you accidentally catch that pepperoni slice on your half of the pizza. i understand some people have strong ideals and morals, but really, get off it.

I understand where you're coming from and I pretty much agree with you, but I think what aspiring vegetarians/vegans quickly learn as they venture into the new diet is that the world around them demands that they label themselves. I think it's fair to say that most converts enter into vegetarianism/veganism tentatively and with few, or at least fewer, hard and fast rules about where they plan to draw the line. Most, I would guess- and I'm speaking here from my own experience- are starting out with just a vague notion that they want to do it and the curiosity to see if they are up to doing it. I think many would prefer to keep their dietary choices on a personal level, and might even be a little embarrased about the change (What will my meat-loving family and friends think? Am I now the one that the host of a party feels they have to make special dietary arrangements for? I must look like a sucker to those vegetarians friends I used to make fun of! etc.) but that quickly proves extremely difficult if not impossible. Eating has a major social element to it that is unavoidable yet is rarely discussed in these debates. If you're 14 years old and living at home, you can't keep telling mom and dad that you're simply not hungry for steak tonight. At some point, you're going to have to make some sort of pronouncement ("I AM A VEGETARIAN"), and simply by saying those words you are inviting upon yourself a litany of follow-up questions, arguments, wisecracks, etc. It doesn't get any easier with friends, co-workers, complete strangers, etc. either. It's not enough to make your decision and shut up about it; a large part of the meat-eating world wants you to explain yourself, as if they deserve an explaination.

I recommend that everyone try in earnest to keep a strict diet vegan or vegetarian diet for at least a month regardless of your long-term intentions. If nothing else, it will give you an incredible insight into some of the instant lifestyle decisions you have to make and socio-political stances you have to take.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Classic example of bullshit media sensationalism. That story had nothing to do with the couple being vegan; it had everything to do with the couple being complete fucking morons.

co-sign:

and refused to take him to the doctor even as the baby's body wasted away.

• Vegan couple whose baby starved to death on a diet of soy milk and apple juice. This story breaks your heart.

sayin, how many non-vegan negligent parents cause their baby's death due to straight idocy? plenty. don't blame the soybean on this one.

another element that I haven't seen mentioned here (in addition to health benefits, environmental benefits, moral benefits etc.):

CELLULAR MEMORY. recipients of heart transplants, where the heart was taken from a murdered person, have been used in criminal cases because sometimes they can actually recall details from the murder of the person whose heart they now have. sounds a lickle psycho til you read about the court cases (can't remember the name of the book right now, post it later).

how does this pertain to veg-heads? as someone who's walked through a factory farm and seen first hand the disgusting squalor, I can't help but think that those pea-brained chicken and cow experiences or torture will be transferred in some manner into the body of ye who ingests their meat.

hehe. sounds tripped out. but that's how I like to think. cosmic picture. when I grow up I wanna be a shaman.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

sayin, how many non-vegan negligent parents cause their baby's death due to straight idocy? plenty. don't blame the soybean on this one.

another element that I haven't seen mentioned here (in addition to health benefits, environmental benefits, moral benefits etc.):

CELLULAR MEMORY. recipients of heart transplants, where the heart was taken from a murdered person, have been used in criminal cases because sometimes they can actually recall details from the murder of the person whose heart they now have. sounds a lickle psycho til you read about the court cases (can't remember the name of the book right now, post it later).

how does this pertain to veg-heads? as someone who's walked through a factory farm and seen first hand the disgusting squalor, I can't help but think that those pea-brained chicken and cow experiences or torture will be transferred in some manner into the body of ye who ingests their meat.

hehe. sounds tripped out. but that's how I like to think. cosmic picture. when I grow up I wanna be a shaman.

"all that stress will become a part of you" KRS ONE

The media loves to hype those vegan's killed a baby stories. Usually they are fanatical nuts, no different that the religious guy who put his baby in a microwave and the mom said Satan told him to do it.

But really...... Rice Dream, Tofutti, Boca Burgers, Boca Chicken. Vegans love meat and ice cream.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Some vegans are all into frying up the placenta and stuff

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    I always find dietary debates to be fascinating and revealing about our times on so many levels, but there are also an unbelievable number of trite, boring, reactionary arguments to wade through on both sides to get to the good stuff.

i don't understand why people feel the need to label as vegan/vegetarian/etc. be as health conscious as you like, i'm not mad at you for eating that ham sandwich. there is no asterisk next to your vegetarianism if you accidentally catch that pepperoni slice on your half of the pizza. i understand some people have strong ideals and morals, but really, get off it.

I recommend that everyone try in earnest to keep a strict diet vegan or vegetarian diet for at least a month regardless of your long-term intentions. If nothing else, it will give you an incredible insight into some of the instant lifestyle decisions you have to make and socio-political stances you have to take.

theres this big thousand person congregation church around here that just went vegan for a month on the pastors insistance (who was not himself a vegan). very interesting.

food is at the heart of society. period. culture is often measured in a person/family/religion/ethnic group's cuisine and diet. food is at the heart of economics, trade, politics and many many justice issues. heads who only consider how the food tastes as they shove it in their face and nothing else are choosing to live in a small, self-pampering bubble.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im no Vegan but im 'conscious" of my food. Or at least try to be.

Im reading this right now. Pretty good so far.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

You mean don't fly Boeing planes? Airbus is connected to all the same arms/defense businesses - it's 80% owned by EADS, the European Aeronautic Defense and Space Company.

• where as i DID NOT insult anyone specific in any of my comments
    all i said was that shit smells like ass and it ain't for me!!!

Whatever. You equated my support of traditional farming to being a supporter of multi-death corporations, essentially calling me an accomplice to mass murderers. Go sit on a zucchini, asshole.

Do you think your organic food is a sustainable practice grown on some hippy commune? Why don't you take a look at the owners of many of the organic food producers? Heinz, Coca Cola, Kellogg, Kraft, etc. This is the market share you're talking about, dipshit. Corporate-owned, so-called organic.

Which is why organic consumers are also stupid.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

where as i DID NOT insult anyone specific in any of my comments

Whatever. You equated my support of traditional farming to being a supporter of multi-death corporations, essentially calling me an accomplice to mass murderers. Go sit on a zucchini, asshole.

Do you think your organic food is a sustainable practice grown on some hippy commune? Why don't you take a look at the owners of many of the organic food producers? Heinz, Coca Cola, Kellogg, Kraft, etc. This is the market share you're talking about, dipshit. Corporate-owned, so-called organic.

Well lets not generalize. There are a gang of folks who buy organic w/out checking if its USDA approved. Or do it cause it trendy. And there a many out there on the front line who know where their food is coming from and are challenging the various systems to alter the practices that are detrimental to our well being.

The bigger corporations realize that the organic game has grown to crazy proportions in the last 10 years and are smart unuff to get in.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'm surprised nobody has offered up the "I won't eat anything that feels pain" argument yet.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

where as i DID NOT insult anyone specific in any of my comments

yeah we are all morons and you are part of the solution douchebag
    mass murdering kkkunt

• where as i DID NOT insult anyone specific in any of my comments

Well lets not generalize. There are a gang of folks who buy organic w/out checking if its USDA approved. Or do it cause it trendy. And there a many out there on the front line who know where their food is coming from and are challenging the various systems to alter the practices that are detrimental to our well being.

The bigger corporations realize that the organic game has grown to crazy proportions in the last 10 years and are smart unuff to get in.

What does the USDA have to do with the sustainability of farming, though, if people are railing against the current practices -- traditional farming -- that are also USDA approved? That label is meaningless if we're talking about sustainability.

Secondly, the USDA doesn't even say that organic food is safer and more nutritious. The label says that it meets certain criteria for production, such as being %100 pesticide free. To my knowledge, it doesn't mention how far the product has been shipped.

I'm all for people challenging the various systems. I just have not been convinved that organic food is our savior.