fav old school ...WWF supersat!!!!!!

bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Back in the day it was probably Ultimate Warrior or Hacksaw Jim Duggin. But now in retrospect it would probably be Jimmy Snukka or Ko Ko Beware!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    btw...wwf superstar, not supersat...trying to do two thangs at once.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    Back in the day it was probably Ultimate Warrior or Hacksaw Jim Duggin. But now in retrospect it would probably be Jimmy Snukka or Ko Ko Beware!!!!!!!!!!

my faves:

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    ok...who, like me, remembers this?

• junkyard dog rocked that chain properly.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Rowdy Roddy Piper hands down for me. I liked how he would always be getting his ass beat then kinda balance like he was gonna fall then poke the other wrestler in the eye! Shit was hilarious. What I want to know is why every single time the sleeper hold is on somone one and the ref raises their arm, on the third one they get a sudden burst of energy and the crowd goes wild and they come out of it! Lmao!!!!!! How come they just don't go to sleep?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Yeah, Superfly Snooka is definitely up there. And I was all about my man George "The Animal" Steele:

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I went to Wrestlemania last year (I got the tickets for free), and it was the most homoerotic place I've ever seen.

That said:

Ultimate Warrior

The several incantations of the dude always seemed about three weeks' deep into a steroid/cocaine marathon.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Rowdy Roddy Piper hands down for me. I liked how he would always be getting his ass beat then kinda balance like he was gonna fall then poke the other wrestler in the eye! Shit was hilarious. What I want to know is why every single time the sleeper hold is on somone one and the ref raises their arm, on the third one they get a sudden burst of energy and the crowd goes wild and they come out of it! Lmao!!!!!! How come they just don't go to sleep?

Oh yeah. The greatest heel of his era, followed closely by this guy:

who was also freaking awesome/hilarious. That shit where he told the kid he'd give him a bunch of money if he bounced a ball 50 times in a row, then kicked the ball away after the 49th bounce was classic material.

The Ultimate Warrior vs......PHIL COLLINS????

I rememeber Piper being a good guy.

I'll always remember when that fat guy Earthquake killed Jake "The Snake"'s snake. Brutal! Don't mess with a man's pet.

• Jake "The Snake" Roberts, hands down. Although he got more shine in Mid-South and the Southern Regional promotions during the 80s. The DDT was my shit. I once DDT'd a kid at Sunday School for poppin noise.

Did anyone see Beyond the Mat? Dude's life was *seriously* fucked up.

• what exactly happen to the ultimate warrior??? did he die? and at one point kerry von eric took over for him?? i think that was his name aka the texas tornado.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    what exactly happen to the ultimate warrior??? did he die?

No, he just went kinda nuts (see: legally changing his name to "Warrior," among other things). He's a far-right-wing speaker/douchebag now.

Also:

That movie was pretty entertaining, but holy shit...Jake's life...wow.

And yes, Jake was ill back in the day.

• Snuka was unfadeable. His steel cage matches with Backlund when Snuka was a bad guy were epic. I liked the polish power, ivan putski too. Ronnie Garvin from the AWA was pretty cool too with his stone fists or whatever it was. Piper always put on a show. Ric Flair used to run the NWA. I remember putting some kid in the figure four and making him cry. I used to fiend on wrestling. My hebrew school principle would always take me to matches at MSG in the mid 80s. mazel tov.

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    Jake "The Snake" Roberts, hands down. Although he got more shine in Mid-South and the Southern Regional promotions during the 80s.

Are you talking about Ohio Valley Wrestling? Midwest minor leagues that was the path for many superstars into the big time...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Old Old School.....

Gorilla Monsoon
    Bo Bo Brazil
    Haystacks Calhoun
    Victor Rivera

Andre The Giant!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

No, he just went kinda nuts (see: legally changing his name to "Warrior," among other things). He's a far-right-wing speaker/douchebag now.

Any links? I'd be interested in seeing what dude looks like.

• Jake "The Snake" Roberts, hands down. Although he got more shine in Mid-South and the Southern Regional promotions during the 80s.

Are you talking about Ohio Valley Wrestling? Midwest minor leagues that was the path for many superstars into the big time...

No. Mid-South. Promotion that touched Louisiana, Arkansas, East Texas....There may have been some character overlap w/ the promotion you mentioned. JYD wrestled a lot for Mid-South....KoKo B Ware...Kamala.....lotsa cats.

He may have also been in WCCW which was the big Texas promotion w/ the Von Erichs and alla that.

Best Tag Team is a tie between the Road Warriors and the Fabulous Freebirds. Freebirds might win in a nod though.

• WWF was baby stuff holmes...NWA was the real.

The Road Warriors, 4 Horsemen (I like them with Barry Windham), Dusty Rhoades, Magnum TA, Lex Lugor, Sting, Big Van Vader, Warlord and Barbarian, Sid Vicious, The Great Muta, etc .. etc...

I also liked the old AWA Von Eric's VS Freebirds matches.

When I was Younger I always wanted to see the Rock N ROll express VS The Hart Foundation.

Word to Abdullah The Butcher!

• Mil M??scaras

Pat Patterson

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

He kept the name? As I understand it, Vince McMahon now owns the copyrights to wrestlers' personas.

Also, I always wanted to believe that dude would just vanish. You know, come in like a lone soldier all super intense yet distant from all other WWF superstars, and then just disappear into "parts unknown," living life with no nod to his past.

Oh well...

That movie has been on my Netflix "saved" this for a second. Still waiting for them to pick up a few copies.

• Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

that's wussup,

• Did anyone see Beyond the Mat? Dude's life was *seriously* fucked up.

That movie has been on my Netflix "saved" this for a second. Still waiting for them to pick up a few copies.

OH MAN DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE NETFLIX "SAVED" LIST. IT REALLY BRUNS MY ASS!!!!!!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Ultimate Warrior

Does anyone here remember the tag team he had with Sting? They were called the Blade Runners in the UWF.

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    ok...who, like me, remembers this?

Someone give this to Just Blaze now!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

He kept the name? As I understand it, Vince McMahon now owns the copyrights to wrestlers' personas.

Also, I always wanted to believe that dude would just vanish. You know, come in like a lone soldier all super intense yet distant from all other WWF superstars, and then just disappear into "parts unknown," living life with no nod to his past.

Oh well...

Dudes got a blog now that is absolutely insane seriously a great read for those who love politics and reading while stoned
    heres an excerpt from a recent entry:

"I salute all of you. My prayers are with you. Godspeed. Think kill or be killed. Think destroy or be destroyed. Take no prisoners. Every one of your American lives is worth more than the entire population of Iraq."

this was just a random grab off the first part of the page.

The dude drops jewels like Hogan dropped legs

• Ultimate Warrior

Does anyone here remember the tag team he had with Sting? They were called the Blade Runners in the UWF.

what's up Haz.

Here's the only video of them I know of.