Sound Forge 8.0 problems - files gone

HonkyFippleHonkyFipple 418 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
So I tried to get together some songs for a mix and I'm 100% sure that I saved each clip seperately. File names were 'Sound 10' to 'Sound 43'. I can see the file names in the file history, but when I double click on one of them, my computer says: 'File not found. Please verify the correct file name was given.' Are my files lost? I can't find them anywhere on my computer. They are being listed in the Sound Forge history, but I can't open them. What heppened? I recorded songs for 4 hours!!!Any help would be much appreciated! THANKS!

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    You must have inadvertantly deleted or moved the file from it's original save location. I would suggest using your computer's search function (Start->Search if on Windows) and try to locate the files that way if you haven't already tried that. They could have been in a temp folder or something.

• temp folder! i'll have a look. but the search function doesn't help so far. really weird. i even wrote a description with song title and artist. how come they ALL got lost. i'm ANGRY!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    That's weird, I don't know. Try simplifying the search, type in "sound" and make sure it searches your entire machine (My Computer). Otherwise, I don't know. That sucks.