Just a quick question.. mercury lp related.

obscure_addictobscure_addict 869 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Couple questions for the leet strutters, how hard is it to findGiant - Whats In This Life For you, and how much does it usually switch crates for.Only asking cause it looks to be the hardest break lp to find on mercury label, at least for me... and i'm not talking about ebay. Hands on only.I really do love the david spinozza tracks on b side, in conclusion any other lps that maybe i'm unware of similar to this.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Couple questions for the leet strutters, how hard is it to find

Giant - Whats In This Life For you, and how much does it usually switch crates for.

Only asking cause it looks to be the hardest break lp to find on mercury label, at least for me... and i'm not talking about ebay. Hands on only.

I really do love the david spinozza tracks on b side, in conclusion any other lps that maybe i'm unware of similar to this.
    I got several copies of the Jean Shephard comedy LP that uses the entire Giant LP as its music bed. If you need a copy hollar at me

• Well, i recently got one. I just want to know why it took me a few years to find even one, not to mention a beatup copy. I just don't see it anywhere. I mean it's mercury records. Must have had a few thousand pressed?? no?

And thanks for the linkup on this comedy rec, never heard of it.

(I simply had to have it for the pic sleve of a dog with bloody eyes eating a woman)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Well, i recently got one. I just want to know why it took me a few years to find even one, not to mention a beatup copy. I just don't see it anywhere. I mean it's mercury records. Must have had a few thousand pressed?? no?

Its just one of those LPs that didn't sell well back in its day. Honestly there are a ton of un-nameable rock LP's on Mercury, Atlantic, Capitol and so on that always surprise me. Being on a major dind't always mean you had major distribution. Look at Headless Heroes of the Apocolypse for example

• Right, true.. but even that and one's alike you'll spot around places. This was a major thorn in my side, btw where's the white label promo copies at

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    switches crates for $50. peace, stein. . .

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Well, i recently got one. I just want to know why it took me a few years to find even one, not to mention a beatup copy. I just don't see it anywhere. I mean it's mercury records. Must have had a few thousand pressed?? no?

Its just one of those LPs that didn't sell well back in its day. Honestly there are a ton of un-nameable rock LP's on Mercury, Atlantic, Capitol and so on that always surprise me. Being on a major dind't always mean that joker was gonna sell worth a damn[/b]

Just 'cause a major label put it out is no guarantee that it'll be common. First, it's gotta SELL...I'm sure there were a few thousand PRESSED, and I'm positive that Mercury gave it the same distribution that they would have given some major release like Jerry Lee Lewis or Rod Stewart. But since it wasn't big, it probably went straight to the bargain bins at White Hen Pantry before the '70s were over. And after that initial run ran out...GONE.