Strapless Sandals or shoes??

IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Fo Real a couple years back I was diggin at the local Swap Meat and this lady was walking around with this $hit blew my mind, funky but genius Anyone else seen people rockin this?

Comments

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    how exactly does that work?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Strapless, whatdafuckizdat?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    adhesive.
    like rockin post its on your feet.
    get some damn normal sandals.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Fo Real a couple years back I was diggin at the local Swap Meat and this lady was walking around with this $hit blew my mind, funky but genius

Anyone else seen people rockin this?

All year around, Cannon!

So you live on a construction site year round?

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    i have never and will never wear sandals/flip-flops. just not for me. ugh. i find them to be on non-females.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    adhesive.
    get some damn normal sandals shoes, hippie.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

I think that was an ancient Roman torture. Especially on a really hot day.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

All year around, Cannon!

So you live on a construction site year round?

Naw my dude.That's just how I get down.

Steel Toe. OSHA approved. Weapon in disguise.

• i have never and will never wear sandals/flip-flops. just not for me. ugh. i find them to be on non-females.
    Co-sign, dude.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Okay....WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THOSE SANDALS/SHOES WITH HOLES ALL OVER 'EM FOR VENTILATION? That shit is the ugliest piece of footwear ever. Seriously, that shit needs to go.

Dude, Phillystress, plaese to get that shit out of here.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    Okay....WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THOSE SANDALS/SHOES WITH HOLES ALL OVER 'EM FOR VENTILATION? That shit is the ugliest piece of footwear ever. Seriously, that shit needs to go.

LOL. i think they're called croc's and yes, i'm right there with you. the first time i saw someone wearing those, i thought it was a joke or something, or that they weren't all there if you know what i mean. but yeah, my friend was like, nah, some people are wearing those now, they even have stores that just sell those ugly ass shoes EXCLUSIVELY.

seriously, this just confirms the notion that if you hype something up enough, no matter how effing stupid it is or looks, people will buy into it.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i have never and will never wear sandals/flip-flops. just not for me. ugh. i find them to be on non-females.
    Co-sign, dude.

LOL. i think they're called croc's and yes, i'm right there with you. the first time i saw someone wearing those, i thought it was a joke or something, or that they weren't all there if you know what i mean. but yeah, my friend was like, nah, some people are wearing those now, they even have stores that just sell those ugly ass shoes EXCLUSIVELY.

seriously, this just confirms the notion that if you hype something up enough, no matter how effing stupid it is or looks, people will buy into it.

Yes, those ugly shits.

And YES, I wasn't mistaken that they had gone public and were making a little noise this past year. They're trading at 85/share. Not bad for an ugly footwear company.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

not cool to be.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts

They are everywhere here (being sub tropical and all) I think they are completely ridiculous. Looks like something out of a b-grade claymation.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

not cool to be.

Shit's minimum, and feminine like.....

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Ha. I'm wearing some right now. Perfect for garden lolling and beachwear but strictly not for urban use. When I bought them the assistant said "Yeah, a lot of people are wearing those now. Couldn't do it myself, they're so ug... erm , here's your card back, sir." Ah, critics all around me.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts

They are everywhere here (being sub tropical and all) I think they are completely ridiculous. Looks like something out of a b-grade claymation.

Yeah, I was surprised Crocs made the jump from being the shoe of choice for nurses & doctors where comfort trumps ugly into being a hip fashion choice.

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts

I refer to these as shower shoes. looks like some shit you'd wear in a public shower or some shit, to avoid barefoot contact with the ground.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

I refer to these as shower shoes. looks like some shit you'd wear in a public shower or some shit, to avoid barefoot contact with the ground.

I'd rather walk through puddles of piss in my socks than wear those things.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    There is a woman who invented these decorative doodads that fit in the holes on crocs. There called jiblets i believe. My daughter has a cinderella one. The inventor just sold the company for $20 million to crocs.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    There is a woman who invented these decorative doodads that fit in the holes on crocs. There called jiblets i believe. My daughter has a cinderella one. The inventor just sold the company for $20 million to crocs.

I had to buy a couple of these for my daughter at the weekend - seem to be the new big thing here in the UK for Crocs kids.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Unsurprisingly, these started just up the road from here in Boulder, CO.

Nothing good EVER came from Boulder.

And around here, when you see a boomer aged man with a grey pony tail wearing a bright green pair of these (a site thats more common than you think), you refer to that man as a "Croc-Rocker".