SF headz - audium?

autoauto 198 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.audium.org/anyone been to this?

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    ive been. they usually have arty sound stuff there. cant remember what i saw but its a cool lil spot.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    I live near there and have always wanted to check it out.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I went in 1998 to do a concert review for one of my classes. it's pretty cool. It's like sitting in a dark room, listening to some Jean Jacques Perrey. The room is full of 160 or so speakers and they vary in quality (on purpose). He does a little talk afterwards and he's a cool dude. He sits there like the wizard of oz and kind of freestyles a little session of sounds and pans them around the room. It's interesting. If you live in the bay area you should go at least once in your life. That guy won't be able to do that forever.

Cool Chris was telling me that that guy was really inspired by Perrey and that one time Chris (or maybe someone else) and some other people ended up bringing Perrey there and the guy who runs the show just bugged out.

P.S. it's really hard to write notes about a concert in the pitch balck. I had one hand on my notebook feeling where I was and I was scribbling with the other. When I left it was pretty fun to look at.