Has anyone seen NAS live recently?

cardovacardova 743 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I'm going to see him tonite, don't really know what to expect.

Comments

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    He killed the Hob down here a few months back...He ran through his classics...Did some songs from his short stint in jiggy land...The show was great though...Dude's catalog is long. Although who am I kidding I was to "blunted" to really remember much.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    yeah he killed it last night. just him and l.e.s. onstage, running thru some 20 songs from all albums.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I saw him get on stage at the Roxy a couple years ago with Kelis. I was impressed but would have like more than the one verse on that one song.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I was pleasantly surprised too, I thought it was a really good show (in Stockholm). Some of the old classics deserved more than one verse, but I can also understand him not wanting to live in Illmatics shadow all his life. That said, some of the youngins in the audience seemed to know every word of every song from the last album, while looking confused during "NY state of mind", and I guess Nas is playing more for them than for me. Bonus points for not having useless hangarounds with mics on stage.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    Bonus points for not having useless hangarounds with mics on stage.

Indeed.