Official MMA Thread Batches!!!

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Just came back from K-1 Dynamite USA. I went in there with my buddy with no expectations. The first four fights were sorta lackluster. But as soon as it became dark, and Dong Sik Yoon (Korean Judo champ) beat Melvin Manhoef with an arm bar in the second round, the stands just exploded. There was probably a good 60% that were Koreans there. I've never seen anything like it.It was my first MMA event ever, and I gotta say, I enjoyed it a lot.The main cards were weak, but Bernard Ackah knocking out Johnnie Morton with a clean right hand to the temple was quite something too. Morton (former NFL player) was taken out on a stretcher.There were numerous celebs in the audience as well, including Dennis Rodman, Nicholas Cage, and Rampage.MMA rules.

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Also, what's the deal with CFFC? Looks like a low budget UFC. What the dillyo.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    did you talk shit to Rampage yuichi? did you? because you call him a bitch on this board quite a bit so just wondering...

as for Manhoef...dude is a monstah but he is susceptible to submissions no doubt.

dude I just read that tim sylvia SHIT HIS PANTS back in that fight with assuerio silva and kept on fighting...thats some props....

did you talk shit to Rampage yuichi? did you? because you call him a bitch on this board quite a bit so just wondering...

as for Manhoef...dude is a monstah but he is susceptible to submissions no doubt.

dude I just read that tim sylvia SHIT HIS PANTS back in that fight with assuerio silva and kept on fighting...thats some props....

Naw, but I booed him loud as I can. And yelled out "Mauricio Shogun will take him!!" at the top of my lungs, does that count?

I will tell you. Manhoef was taken out by the Korean hero, and the PLACE JUST WENT BEZERK. I MEAN BANANAS.

Also, this one obnoious Gracie fan was yelling "Fuck Sakuraba! Fuck his mom too!" to which I shouted back "Fuck Gracie! Matt Hughes fucked him up!"

Also, what was the most hilarious was, the Dj/MC (dj Happa) was shouting through the speakers all damn day "K-1 Dynamite in full effect!! Dj happa is having a party with you guys!" ALL DAMN DAY. Some Phillipinos/Somoans started a chant "SHUT UP DJ!!!" and my crew and them was doing a call and response, and we had musta had like 500 people doing this chant all over this place. The motherfuckin' DJ dumbass, who didn't know a damn thing about MMA, hardly said a word after that. It was great.

Adrenaline and testosterone to the max levels yo. Outdoor venues are so great. They even had huge fireworks and confetti streams blowing out at the end.

Did Sylvia finish him off with the triangle?!

• BashirBashir 25 Posts
    Dana White on Rampage/Lidell: " Chuck getting knocked out was the equivalent of Buster Douglas knocking out Mike."

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    Dana White on Rampage/Lidell: " Chuck getting knocked out was the equivalent of Buster Douglas knocking out Mike."

not even close.

Uh yea seriously, not even close.

BJ Penn wins his rematch with Jenns Pulver.

And I just watched the Frank Shamrock vs Phil Baroni fight in the Strikeforce Middle Weight Championship. Very exciting fight. Baroni got his ass handed to him!

• whoo.. that was pretty good. Glad I didn't have to search for this thread.

BJ looked real good. He looked pissed haha. He wasn't letting go after the tap. Jenns gets all the credit in the world though. He put up a great fight. I really need to start seeing Penn on the regular. Hope he takes everyone out.

And what a dick that dude maynard was. He was KNOCKED OUT! I know the heat of the moment blah blah blah.. but to watch the video and say you weren't out? come on.

To bad for manny.. I thought he could have won a decision.

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    SPOILER!!!

Kimbo actually looked pretty good (Rutten should pat himself on the back). 1st round win via a guillotine choke.

Kimbo charged in at Mercer and went for takedown. Mercer tried to use the cage to stay standing but went down. Mercer found his way back up......they clinch. Kimbo lands a few knees....... Mercer punches back but Kimbo gets the takedown again and gets Ray Mercer in a guillotine choke.

• Staged event fights are no fun anymore.. take it to the streets!!! that's what i'm talkin about. I like watching ignorant random people fight over absolutely nothing more than who won some rugby/soccer game.

• scebasceba 122 Posts
    Kimbo VS Mercer

also Tha Formula has some good MMA interviews.

kimbo fight
    cffa is the kind of shit that gives MMA a bad name, i mean fights in the stands?

seriously. Announcer "This guy (Kimbo) is for real!". His ass would get destroyed by Zuluzhino.

Anybody watch UFC 73?

SPOILER ALERT.

Noguiera vs Hearing: Hard fought fight. I enjoyed it. Hearing was clearly out of shape though.

Ortiz vs Evans: Yawn.

Silva vs Marquardt: Silva is sick.

But seriously, WHY DO UFC FANS START BOOING AFTER 5 SECONDS OF NO ACTION??!!! IT'S RETARDED. There were moments when Noguiera was working on an arm bar and they'd start booing! wtf?

• i was waiting for this. haha what took so long.

I'm too beat to type now, but i will say, good no stoppage of the minotouro fight.

I don't get on crowds at all ever. But i was saying that whole night that it was a HORRIBLE crowd. Just pitiful.

Great card..nice long fights, but people were playing it too safe. Sort of boring.

I'll go into more detail later. I need sleep.

good no stoppage of the minotouro fight.

Yea, i agree. A certain man named Fedor has hit him harder on the ground, and there was no stoppage. Love watching Noguiera on the ground though!!! Truly art.

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts

But seriously, WHY DO UFC FANS START BOOING AFTER 5 SECONDS OF NO ACTION??!!! IT'S RETARDED.

+ ADD (??)

I thought the event was pretty good. Didn't even think Silva would K.O Nate in the first round. Sherk is a freggin beast. Apparently he's fighting BJ Penn in November. Don't know why the UFC is putting him against all these BJJ fighters, but this should be pretty interesting.

Hearing was clearly out of shape though.

story of his life.

But seriously, WHY DO UFC FANS START BOOING AFTER 5 SECONDS OF NO ACTION??!!! IT'S RETARDED. There were moments when Noguiera was working on an arm bar and they'd start booing! wtf?

typical UFC meatheadedness. the Pride fans got way more respect for a technical fighter doing his thing.

Love watching Noguiera on the ground though!!! Truly art.

dude has been one of favorites for the longest. he is so skilled.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Herring letting Nog stand up was the biggest mistake of his career. Well, that and every haircut/dye job he's ever had.

Tito...what a jackass. I really wanted to see Rashad beat him.

Sherk is very dominating, but also very boring. He's like a muscle-bound blanket.

For such a "stacked" card, all but two fights went to a decision--and one was a draw! Pretty disappointing. But Silva was excellent (made Marquardt look like a rookie) and Kenny Florian looked great. Loved his post-fight speech, too.

typical UFC meatheadedness. the Pride fans got way more respect for a technical fighter doing his thing.

I really really reallly really miss Pride FC.

Looks like Josh Barnett became a free agent as well.

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts

I really really reallly really miss Pride FC.

Looks like Josh Barnett became a free agent as well.

i was really hoping for a barnett-fedor fight.

ortiz-evans was disappointing. i know evans himself has admitted he isn't the most exciting fighter, but i was hoping ortiz would get his bigass bobbleblock knocked off.

after rampage won nothing this year nothing else really matters to me though. that was awesome, i won sushi on that fight.

• I don't get how people though Rashad was gonna beat Tito? He's landed one hard hit his whole career. He's a good wrestler. He can get you down and sit on you, that's it. He doesn't know any subs and can't hit. He's won almost all his fights by boring stalling. I don't get how anyone thinks he can beat a top guy.

oh yeah.. One think i didn't like about this ppv and the last few other ufc things i've watched, is fighters are really starting to fight to NOT LOSE. Not win the fight. It's getting to the point with the talent and the chance of being let go, that everyone is scared just to go for broke.

I don't get how people though Rashad was gonna beat Tito? He's landed one hard hit his whole career. He's a good wrestler. He can get you down and sit on you, that's it. He doesn't know any subs and can't hit. He's won almost all his fights by boring stalling. I don't get how anyone thinks he can beat a top guy.

well I think Tito's star faded somewhat before the big MMA explosion here in the US. with the UFC reality show and IFL and all these new fighters coming out people have sorta forgotten that Tito, before MMA was really REALLY huge, was once one of the most dominant American fighters on the scene. so yeah, Tito was unestimated in this fight for sure.

• I don't get how people though Rashad was gonna beat Tito? He's landed one hard hit his whole career. He's a good wrestler. He can get you down and sit on you, that's it. He doesn't know any subs and can't hit. He's won almost all his fights by boring stalling. I don't get how anyone thinks he can beat a top guy.

well I think Tito's star faded somewhat before the big MMA explosion here in the US. with the UFC reality show and IFL and all these new fighters coming out people have sorta forgotten that Tito, before MMA was really REALLY huge, was once one of the most dominant American fighters on the scene. so yeah, Tito was unestimated in this fight for sure.

I mean anyone. I hate sherdog, but some things said there were nuts about how Evans was gonna be great. How is he gonna beat anyone????

p.s. Anyone kind of worried about Penn vs Sherk? I don't know what Penn will do even though he's one of my favorite fighters. Not that Sherk is too great just so strong.