brooklyn-born / grouprecords

hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
first of all, are these the same dude? Also anyone know WTF happened? Dude seemed like an upstanding guy and now all of a sudden he's buried in negatives with 2 (I assume) suspended accounts.

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    he's been for years.

making as-close-as-possible repros/ boots of multi-hundred dollar 45s & ebaying them alongside vintage pressings without mentioning that he had them pressed up himself etc.

after he got caught, he say it was a 'second press' 'done by the label owner' - i.e himself.

• mmm suspect yes both same guy tryin to hide large amounts of money over two accounts, i bought somethin from him year ago wonder now if its boot! was this the same person selling 10 copies+ of iron knowledge 45 as mint buy it now $50??? the name looks familiar.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    the Iron Knowledge shit was legit, he bought Tony March's leftover stock I believe. I never had a problem with him but it looks (from his brooklyn-born feedback) that he just started straight up ripping people off.

• This thing seems strange. I had ordered some stuff from him a couple months ago with no problem at all. The negatives he got were from people saying they hadn't received $10 45s, so unless his grand ambition was to make off with a whopping $50 or so... Of course if his account was suspended it could have prevented other negatives from being registered.

i don't think so...because brooklyn-born hasn't been a registered user for awhile and he's just gotten negatives recently...i think. and the "grouprecords" name is suspended now with no negatives...will ebay cancel your account just from Paypal chargeback issues or something? anyway yeah it's weird.

• Easiest way to get suspended is to fail to pay your fees, which are billed monthly. Sometimes it's just a temporary glitch, like if someone gets a new ATM card and forgets to update their selling account. Anyway, I personally liked checking out that guy's auctions so I hope it gets worked out.

the other thing is that the grouprecords account isn't a new one he started since the other was canceled, he's had it since 2002. it always seems strange when people have multiple ebay accounts, but maybe it's not that weird.

• I saw that too. I bought a few cheapies last week, got them no problem.

I emailed him and asked him about the name changes, and he denied he's the same guy! WTF...

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    Search over on the Fryer board for the stories behind him. Makes for pretty good / bad reading.