D.J. Miz & M.C. Ludicrous -Trouble (Bumpin 1989)

edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Found a sealed copy of this 12" at a thrift yesterday. Don't know a thing about it, or about the artists... or what to price it.

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    DJ MIZ???
    Don't know a thing about the artists
    get really
    familiar

• DJ MIZ???
    Don't know a thing about the artists
    get really
    familiar

As Paycheck will confirm, I'm a hip-hop novice!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    It's true, Mark doesn't know a thing about the rapps. Unfortunately Mark, I don't know this record.

• It's true, Mark doesn't know a thing about the rapps. Unfortunately Mark, I don't know this record.

Confirmation of my ignorance warms my heart! I do know about other stuff. Any questions about filo dough?

Googling shows that this track was included on a mix posted here by one Cardova.

• I would also like to say that I've added a hip-hop section to my collection but so far have filed only one record. From the acorn grows the oak...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

No, just one acorn.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    it might be worth as much as $400.

• So... not as much as that Sergio Mendes record. A guy can dream.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    you should film a video so i can verify it's authenticity.

• dvd-sniffing canine unit

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Buy it for me if you dont like it.

I never heard of the combination of these two guys, but DJ Miz is known through Freshco and Miz "We dont play" 12" on Tommy Boy records.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    but DJ Miz is known for being the DJ for Ice Cream T

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Buy it for me if you dont like it.

I never heard of the combination of these two guys, but DJ Miz is known through Freshco and Miz "We dont play" 12" on Tommy Boy records.

Peace
    Hawkeye
    european and japanese collectros paying big $$$ for rap 12"s have artificially inflated this micro-genre through the roof, and now i can't find a decently priced copy of The Ku, or MC Outloud to save my life. Call me surly, but yall need to chill, and let us locals keep some of these records stateside.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    european and japanese collectros paying big $$$ for rap 12"s have artificially inflated this micro-genre through the roof

How does one artificially raise demand in a open market?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Dawgz... 3 years ago, most of these records were $10. Now, they're $300-$1000???

3000% is not a realistic level of inflation in any market. Don't even act like you don't know what i'm talking about, Noz.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    And when they came out they were also, like, $10.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    sounds like some of you are caking off the ebay random rap boom. justify it all you want, but I'd like to be able to afford some of these 12"s from the city where i live, in the language i speak, about the culture in which i was raised.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    sounds like some of you are caking off the ebay random rap boom. justify it all you want, but I'd like to be able to afford some of these 12"s from the city where i live, in the language i speak, about the culture in which i was raised.

Dude, it's the game.

Let the prices live and die, and cop when it's at a price you want to cop it at. If you're not willing to pay the current running rate, then you're not willing to cop it at the current running rate. Sit and wait until it's at a price you want... or watch it sky-rocket even further.

-e

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Dawgz... 3 years ago, most of these records were $10.

Why didn't you buy them then??

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    yeah man...i am mad. my landlord is trying to give me the boot so he can triple the rent and give it to some yuppie asshole, and i can even afford local records because some ex-raver, euro-toy, cornball got into hip hop 3 years ago and wants to flex his paypal muscle.

i'm a surly curmudgeon.

yeah man...i am mad. my landlord is trying to give me the boot so he can triple the rent and give it to some yuppie asshole, and i can even afford local records because some ex-raver, euro-toy, cornball got into hip hop 3 years ago and wants to flex his paypal muscle.

i'm a surly curmudgeon.

Local records, eh? Well... GoGo is still cheap

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I'd like to be able to afford some of these 12"s from the city where i live, in the language i speak, about the culture in which i was raised.

Born in the Bronx?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    born in adams morgan.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    born in adams morgan.

the dominant language in adams morgan is not the one i hear on most rap records.

born in adams morgan.

the dominant language in adams morgan is not the one i hear on most rap records.

like I was saying...

GoGo is still cheap

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    this fuggin guy.

i went to dc public schools in the 80s. i'll leave it at that.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i went to dc public schools in the 80s. i'll leave it at that.

• I have to confess, i'm glad i bought several copies of some hiphop wax during the early 90s, one's i paid a simple $1 for today fetch well over $100 and have helped me buy a car and support myself during ruffer times. God bless all the euro/far east fiends who are desperate for these overpriced vinyls.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Post deleted by Delay