Are You Rooting For Barry Bonds

124»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I do think that Barry is the "black scapegoat" in the MLB. There's one in every sport who sportswriters (...those who cannot compete, write) treat like shit. Sure, it's somewhat of an obligation for atheletes to grant the post game interview or whatever, but when your entire life, professional and personal is under the microscope and you are berated and literally hated at every move you make, I doubt any of you would be keepin the smile on your face all the time for the reporters who instigate that shit. The worst part is that sportswriters act like they are owed something from Barry, and since he disregards them, they rip him apart even more. I don't think any of us can literally say that we know for a fact that the man is an "asshole", we simply don't know. I know he's made out to be an asshole by reporters who make it a point to express their own personal hatred of him constantly, but that's about it.

You are nothing but an ignorant fanboy. The best part is your apology for Bonds's asshole behavior, suggesting that we don't know that he actually is one, never mind the countless testimonies from teammates, executives, writers, and fans that prove that he is. Hilarious!

Barry Bonds is not a racial scapegoat, at all. He has, in fact, been a giant dick to sports writers from the very beginning of his career. He has earned every hostile word.

You don't know what you're talking about. I will not bother to read your response, so don't post one.

*sigh*
    Sounds like a personal issue...
    I remember when I realized I was probably destined for mediocrity too. It's like the world keeps spinnin' no matter what you do, y'know? Like you can't make an impact. Rough. It is a hard time to go through and I understand your pain. But, attempting to form negative view points of atheletes and people who do well doesn't help in the long run. Just be the best person you can be. Be that mighty collectro that you set out to be in the first place- that's enough for one lifetime.

Are you seething at the knowledge that MikeSeaversNikes will not bother to read this response?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

Are you seething at the knowledge that MikeSeaversNikes will not bother to read this response?
    Really, when I accepted my own mediocrity, I realized that nobody pays much attention to what I say any way, and thus punctuate most of my speech with an apathetic *sigh*. But, I think Sr. Seaver will come around eventually, it's a long and painful process. It was an often overlooked poppy Kim Gordon wannabe and yet in this case, prolific group in the mid 1990's that coined, "Can't fight the Seether" (god, did they suck). I will heed their advice, and hope that Mikey-Nikes calms down himself, sometime in the near future. Hi Mike.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Re: Bonds, I think it's interesting how NO one is even pitching to him right now.
    It's almost like a concerted effort among league pitchers to make it as hard as possible for this mother fucker to do it.

I was hoping this would happen.

DISGUSTINGLY PREDICTABLE PART II: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO.

And yo, why are people so caught up on his personality? How is that a damn factor? I didn't know baseball had a congeniality stats collumn.

You dudes would be suprised how many musicians are fuckin' PRICKS but i'm pretty sure you dudes won't be crying at the grammy awards.

And for the record, people have always fucked with the dude. I heard tons of stories when he was in high school of how he got messed with.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Re: Bonds, I think it's interesting how NO one is even pitching to him right now.
    It's almost like a concerted effort among league pitchers to make it as hard as possible for this mother fucker to do it.

And yo, why are people so caught up on his personality? How is that a damn factor? I didn't know baseball had a congeniality stats collumn.

You dudes would be suprised how many musicians are fuckin' PRICKS but i'm pretty sure you dudes won't be crying at the grammy awards.

And for the record, people have always fucked with the dude. I heard tons of stories when he was in high school of how he got messed with.

what he said

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

If a musician was known by the public to be a complete asshole why would it be unusual or surprising for people to root against him/her winning a Grammy??

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Who gives a fuck about a goddamned Grammy?