THE JOKER/batman begins/Dark Knight

Comments

• The only movie I can think of where the viral marketing has been this good is Blair Witch Project (UCF REPRESENT!).
    UCF? Are you Alum too? GO Knights! (Not really though).

Hey, so am I.... never went to a single football game tho, too busy with the MA.

• Im sorry but I dont find her attractive at all.
    Of course her acting is "better" than Holmes.

Well, she's not hollywood-beautiful. But Gyllenhaal is actually cool and a good actress. Her in a movie actually makes me want to see it more.

Vs. Holmes. I can't think of a single movie she's added anything to from a non-eye-candy perspective. And even then, I don't find Holmes attractive. It might be her celeb over-exposure by way of tom cruise.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

imsorry but I dont find her attractive at all.

Well, she's not hollywood-beautiful. But Gyllenhaal is actually cool and a good actress. Her in a movie actually makes me want to see it more.

Vs. Holmes. I can't think of a single movie she's added anything to from a non-eye-candy perspective. And even then, I don't find Holmes attractive. It might be her celeb over-exposure by way of tom cruise.

Dogs, if our lookin for "acting" In a superhero movie......c'mon. Batman Begins had some really good actors in in but that's not really what its about.

• And even then, I don't find Holmes attractive. It might be her celeb over-exposure by way of tom cruise.

no, I think it's more the fact that she really is not that hot at all.

And even then, I don't find Holmes attractive. It might be her celeb over-exposure by way of tom cruise.

So where does that place Maggie?

• And even then, I don't find Holmes attractive. It might be her celeb over-exposure by way of tom cruise.

neither one is hot. but then, I don't think the Nolan Batman movies really call for a "hot" actress for this role. there's an asthetic to these movies (as opposed to the other Batman turds aside from the OG Tim Burton joint) that doesn't rely on hot chicks and other cheap devices.

And even then, I don't find Holmes attractive. It might be her celeb over-exposure by way of tom cruise.

neither one is hot. but then, I don't think the Nolan Batman movies really call for a "hot" actress for this role. there's an asthetic to these movies (as opposed to the other Batman turds aside from the OG Tim Burton joint) that doesn't rely on hot chicks and other cheap devices.

True.

Holmes is so much more easier on the eye......IMO

• Im sorry but I dont find her attractive at all.

Maggie is sexy...and she has an interesting and exotic look about her, just look at those eyes. Katie just looks like a sorority chick...a dime a dozen.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    no.

• i don't think gyllenhaal is pretty, but i want to raid her closet

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    no.

She's got a little something going on in this:

With classic James Spader douchebaggery to boot.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    anyone see Secretary?

put me in the camp of finding maggie cute... but i have been told i have terrible taste in white women.

cute/alittlesumthinsumthin =

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I can only comment on her looks since I haven't seen her acting. I mean, she's not Quasimodo, I just don't find her attractive (she looks like a muppet). Plus her role is only peripheral to the story so it doesn't really matter who plays the part.

would have been a good choice tho

• neither one is hot.

I emphatically disagree...

Definition of a good look in my book...

Where's her lips at?

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    The only movie I can think of where the viral marketing has been this good is Blair Witch Project (UCF REPRESENT!).
    UCF? Are you Alum too? GO Knights! (Not really though).

Hey, so am I.... never went to a single football game tho, too busy with the MA.

Yeah, I only went to one when I was going. If UCF wins Saturday, I plan on making a weekend trip back to Orlando for the C-USA championship game. I'd really like to see the new on-campus stadium.

And Hemol/Zach, it's Fred.

• honestly, her face reminds me of kirsten dunst a lot. i used to get these two confused all the time. just like natalie portman and keira knightley and gary busey and nick nolte. i don't find her brother particularly hot either.

but she's always killing it on the red carpet

she knows how to pick em.

neither one is hot.

I emphatically disagree...

Definition of a good look in my book...

• (she looks like a muppet)

This makes sense.... I find muppet-y women the hottest of all. True story. I'm a sucker.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

EVERYBODY LOOKS BAD WITH HERPES

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    EVERYBODY LOOKS BAD WITH HERPES
    That's not herpes, that's scientology at work.

• i don't find her brother particularly hot either.

her brother seems to have the whole so-ugly-he's-actually-somehow-attractive-to-women thing going on.

see also: joaqim phoenix, gael garcia bernal, and the one jean-paul belmondo.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    i don't think gyllenhaal is pretty, but i want to raid her closet

Gyllenhaal is really more erotic than "pretty" or "hot." She moves well and speaks sensuously. Secretary and Happy Endings, seriously flawed as both of them are as movies, are watchable for the fact that Gyllenhall knows how to control her body to maximum effect, if the screenplay calls for it.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I'm still not sold on Heath ledger as the Joker.

- spidey

I wasnt at first either, but after seeing the screen caps and the promos im like "perfect!" He looks fuckin hideous!

IMO. The best joker so far is:

Mark hamill

Cesar romero was too old and over the top.

Nicholson was funny, but not comic book joker enough.

Ledger is a bad actor, and hasn't proven his jokerness yet. Though I will agree the mouth makeup is interesting everything else has been eh.

- spidey

I'm still not sold on Heath ledger as the Joker.

- spidey

I wasnt at first either, but after seeing the screen caps and the promos im like "perfect!" He looks fuckin hideous!

IMO. The best joker so far is:

Mark hamill

Ledger is a bad actor, and hasn't proven his jokerness yet. Though I will agree the mouth makeup is interesting everything else has been eh.

- spidey

Mark Hamill's take on the Joker in all the Batman animated series are str8 genius.
    And they took it to the NEXT LEVEL w/ the Batman Beyond - Return of The Joker which is easily one of the top 5 Batman stories in my book.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

Not over the top enough, IMO. But Frank Gorshin killed it as the Riddler. Dude was perfectly manic.

Yeah, not quite psychotic enough. Sure he had menace, but never quite the energy the Joker really needs.

Ledger looks good so far in the promo materials and actually sounds impressive enough in the teaser trailer, a bit like Benicio del Toro...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I think the Joker is usually portrayed as too goofy.

IMO he is a completely menacing dude.

When reading Batman I always found his jokes
    and goofy tricks were genuinely scary, maybe
    because the Joker was one of the few villains
    in comics that would seriously kill people on
    the regular. In the 70's, Denny O'Neill had the
    Joker as a complete mass murderer with a huge body
    count. All the trappings of his schtick just made him
    seem all the more frightening, not more accessible.

When portrayed, this edge seems pretty lost to me. Caesar Romero
    had him as a goofy Vegas sideshow and Nicholson made him a dry wit
    with a massive ego, AKA he made him Jack Nicholson.

He needs to be dark, as dark as the dark knight.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    When reading Batman I always found his jokes
    and goofy tricks were genuinely scary, maybe
    because the Joker was one of the few villains
    in comics that would seriously kill people on
    the regular. In the 70's, Denny O'Neill had the
    Joker as a complete mass murderer with a huge body
    count. All the trappings of his schtick just made him
    seem all the more frightening, not more accessible.

Heath Ledger's Joker needs to off some civilians just for kicks. Jack Nicholson shot his main henchman Bob just cause he was upset his grand scale parade plans weren't going right. But that wasn't exactly terrifying. We need to see some sick sick shit, like when the Joker shot Commissioner Gordon's daughter (not sure if she was Batgirl in the story) through the spine in The Killing Joke. That was so scary Gordon had a breakdown and Batman had to comfort him. That's the sort of emotional response the Joker needs to elicit from senseless brutal violence while giggling the whole time. The kind of thing that makes Batman completely lose his shit and show how he's really a vengeance driven character. Then we'll see the two sides of the same coin that we're always reading about in the comics and we'll really emotionally connect with the story. And the movie will be classic.

The big problem, I think, is that Warner Brothers won't allow for such edgy storytelling in what is supposed to be a big budget populist super hero movie. But maybe, just maybe, Christopher Nolan will deliver the goods.