French ebay bidders again. Should I worry?

JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I have a few modern soul auctions ending today on ebay with two French bidders in the lead. One has 0 and the other 3 feedback. I'm kinda scared about chargebacks and funny business from these dudes, considering the reputation that some French people have earned from reports on this board. Do you have any recommendations? Should I retract their bids?

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Don't trust them. I don't know what it is, but French record buying eBay bidders are trouble.
    You should put "NO FRENCH PEOPLE" in bold red caps in all your auction listings.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    I cancelled the bid from the 0 feedbacker. I'm still pondering about the second one: Does any of you French dudes know this guy http://myworld.ebay.com/zestofunk/ ?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I'd cancel any bids on high price records made by people with under 20 feedback unless they contact me prior to bidding in comprehensible English. The fuck is with French dudes and modern soul? Plaese to explain. Bapt?

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    I have a few modern soul auctions ending today on ebay with two French bidders in the lead. One has 0 and the other 3 feedback. I'm kinda scared about chargebacks and funny business from these dudes, considering the reputation that some French people have earned from reports on this board. Do you have any recommendations? Should I retract their bids?

If they win, ask ask them to transfer the money to your bank account to avoid chargebacks.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

If they win, ask ask them to transfer the money to your bank account to avoid chargebacks.

That's what I did a while ago....emailed this dude a few days before auction's end, told him I only accept bank transfers from bidders with less than 30 feedback, got no response, cancelled bid, guy got back to me after two days saying it was no problem to do a banktransfer. Told him to re-enter his bid...never heard from him again. Don't take a risk with expensive stuff man.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Just cancelled a few bids and the value came down from $300 to $31.

I hope it was the right thing to do.

• the french can never be trusted. Fuck those wine swilling frogs and their phallic bread.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    the french can never be trusted. Fuck those wine swilling frogs and their phallic bread.

We like you too Dolo.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Don't trust them. I don't know what it is, but French record buying eBay bidders are trouble.
    You should put "NO FRENCH PEOPLE" in bold red caps in all your auction listings.

I've just had my first run in with this phenomenon, and I'd have to say IT'S ALL TRUE.

This douche, first off refuses to pay until I gave him a discount on postge.
    I tell him I will send it surface, instead of airmail, if he wants it cheaper.
    Within days of posting, dude starts emailing me, saying he's going to charge back through paypal.. blah blah blah.. How he had 17 records sent to him for 33 pence and I'm ripping him off..
    EVERYONE else I sold to from US to Japan, were cool.

Fucking ebay are no help either. I emailed them asking what there possition was on this kind of behavior. And how honest sellers are ment to protect thenselves from such idiots. I've asked them 5 or 6 times now to answer this pretty simple question, and each time they give me the brush off.

• the french can never be trusted. Fuck those wine swilling frogs and their phallic bread.

We like you too Dolo.

How does it feel knowing that clemencau is cheifly responsbile for laying the groundwork from which hitler rose to prominence?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    the french can never be trusted. Fuck those wine swilling frogs and their phallic bread.

We like you too Dolo.

How does it feel knowing that clemencau is cheifly responsbile for laying the groundwork from which hitler rose to prominence?

To quote a line from A Fish Called Wanda :

Wanda: To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people. I've known sheep who could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs, but you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?

Otto: Apes don't read philosophy.

Wanda: Yes they do, they just don't understand it.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    Is there any way that you as a seller can avoid a charge-back even if the buyer wants it at all cost? Could you just pay for registered/insured mail out of your own pocket? I mean when they're overpaying insanely then it doesn't matter if you have to spend a few extra $ for insurance out of your own pocket. Or will they then just claim that the record wasn't in the condition it should be?