Fixing and Restoring Vintage Turntables ( KLH R )

JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
So, Not the uber cool David Price version but none the less I just realized we had one of these in the basement. I remember my mom telling me it was cool and top of the line in its day but I had three other turntables upstairs so I didn't bother looking it to it until I saw the Twenty Plus in the Design thread. Now Ive been doing all this reading but technical information is hard to come by.Anywayssssssss.......There are no cords. How hard is it going to be to find a suitable power cord and speaker wire? What kind of tune up should I be looking into? I don't think it was used much and appears to be in good shape. I was thinking of calling the local stereo fixer dudes tomorrow, but thought someone on here might have one or has restored one in the past. Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I'm sure any electrician could help you...

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Don't be scurred. Rip that sucker apart. More than likely, it'll take a 120V two pronged (non grounded) cord. New belt is a must, you also should be able to easily locate lubrication points. Use some 3 in 1 oil or lithium grease. Good luck.